Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CPF4LIFE

Bill Simmons bull**** QB Power Poll

31 posts in this topic

His ultimate goal was to keep him out of the top 15.

He was comparing everyone to shitty football movies. Nothing to see here.

I don't know about 16th on someone's rankings as much as I Iike what I see from Newton right now. I hope he can keep going like he has the last few weeks. I was encouraged by the win at home. Now I want to see another road win with Cam staying largely mistake free. Especially when an interception seems to predict defeat.

waitwrestlingisfakep1.gif

... Undertaker's daughter?

The ranking and analysis seems about right I don't know why you guys are complaing. Once we start winning cam will go up.

Ummm yeah, Simmons had a huge man crush on Cam last year...and still defends him (and the Panthers) this year. He's said the past couple of weeks that we're a lot better than our record, yada yada.

I had stopped reading after Stafford, RG3 etc being where they were and not seeing Cam yet. I knew then, that it was all BS.

16th my ass.

Well RGIII is tied for the top rated passer in the entire NFL. Cam is down there in the mid teens or so.

Simmons barely pays attention to any football outside of New England and pretty much hates Charlotte (he still complains about the panthers putting up a fight in the Super Bowl against the pats, and whined about the hornets beating the celtics in 93 on what he thinks was a non call in the dee brown alley oop. He's also on record as saying NBA basketball never had a chance here because Charlotte isn't big enough to support it)

Simmons is not a serious sportswriter. If Bill Barnwell made a QB ranking chart I might pay attention to it but he is the only one on that site.

Still a big fan of Simmons ... I don't need an "expert" to validate my opinion on who is a good QB or not, these polls change every year anyways.

I honestly have no idea how Simmons is employed as a writer.

I honestly have no idea how Simmons is employed as a writer.

Why do you say that? I think he is much more fresh and relatable, he adds an entertaining angle to sports writing. Not the same, bland "I know everything" style of most sports (including beat) writers...

But guys RG3 and Luck are winners. Kirck Cousins is a winner too. Guess we need to move him up the list!