#1 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,261 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

What the hell is wrong with this country? The stupid argument is that you can't stop someone who is determined to commit mass murder.

The truth is, that if we make it easy (as it is now) we are all at fault.

Also, make it more difficult to own a gun. Reasonable, law obiding people will have no problem with that.

#2 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,940 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

Also, make it more difficult to own a gun. Reasonable, law obiding people will have no problem with that.

Would this have changed anything that happened this week?

#3 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,261 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Would this have changed anything that happened this week?

Yes...without that rifle the shooter would not have gotten off as many shots or shots as deadly. The coroner who did 7 autopsies said some of those 7 were shot 11 times. That ammo was deadly with 1 shot. Military type weapons have no use in the civilian world. None of those kids that were shot with that type of weapon had a chance of surviving.

If you want to defend that type of weapon being legal...what the hell is it needed for? Why would you trade all the innocent lives that have been lost?

#4 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,940 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

How many kids would he have killed if he had 3 glocks instead of 2 and a rifle?

Probably just as many.

#5 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Me thinks that ladypanther does not understand the difference between an AR and a standard .223 hunting rifle......

#6 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,261 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

How many kids would he have killed if he had 3 glocks instead of 2 and a rifle?

Probably just as many.

Ban them all. Please explain what any reasonable law abiding citizen needs them for. Then tell me what it is worth in human life...6 & 7 year old life.

#7 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,261 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

Me thinks that ladypanther does not understand the difference between an AR and a standard .223 hunting rifle......

I understand that we have made it too easy for killers to kill.

#8 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Goddamnit, all these guns with malicious intent. Ban them all and we shall live forever!

#9 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,807 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Also the argument that if we were all armed the criminals would be powerless is a laughable arguement.

I-485 during rush hour alone would have 20-30 gun related deaths each day if we were all armed..the simple fact that most just do not have a handgun laying in the glove box to unload into a knucklehead because it is not an option. No guns equals long horn presses and flipping the bird..everyone lives...normally.

Easy for me to argue as I wear a throwing star belt buckle just in case...i say legalize Nunchucks for teachers.

*Im torn bc I am anti-gun personally, but seeing blantant moves by the "BIG GOVT" to take away the rights of citizens is concerning...

A great example of this is The Branch Dividian compound in waco where the ATF and FBI just went in guns blazing with tear gas and flame throwers does not get nearly the attention it deserved.

The Crazy Cult-possibly child molester in the building was enough of a reason(true or false) to the public to have Women, childeren and the men executed on televison.

it basically bc they had too many guns in their building and tax evasion? that caused the whole thing..not
Bc there was a crazy cult in that compound.

#10 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,261 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

http://answers.yahoo...08233114AA6P1l5

US Gun Assisted Murders Per Capita:
3.6 per 100,000

US Total Murder Rate Per Capita:
4.2802 per 100,000 people

Canada Gun Assisted Murders Per Capita:
0.4 per 100,000

Canada Total Murder Rate Per Capita:

1.49063 per 100,000 people

Japan Gun Assisted Murders Per Capita:
0.05 per 100,000

Japan Total Murder Rate Per Capita:
0.499933 per 100,000 people

These stats are taken between 2006 and 2008. There is some margin of error but these are the basic figures / differences.

Above we see the US, a country with few gun controls having the highest amount of gun murders and overall murders. Canada, a country with much tighter gun laws sitting in the middle, and Japan, a country with only 15 legal guns in the country (for Olympics training), having extremely low gun murder rates and overall murder rates.

http://www.cbc.ca/ca...tory/2005/06/2…
http://www.nationmas...m/graph/cri_mu…
http://www.gun-contr...work.org/GF01.…

Where is the argument that more guns does not equal more death?

http://www.juancole....8775-in-us.html

Number of Murders, United States, 2010: 12,996

Number of Murders by Firearms, US, 2010: 8,775

Number of Murders, Britain, 2011*: 638
(Since Britain’s population is 1/5 that of US, this is equivalent to 3,095 US murders)

Number of Murders by firearms, Britain, 2011*: 58
(equivalent to 290 US murders)

Number of Murders by crossbow in Britain, 2011*: 2 (equivalent to 10 US murders).

#11 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Seriously though, assault rifles have no place in regular citzens' hands. They serve absolutely no purpose except for violence.

Realistically, these types of tragedies can and will happen in the absence of assault-type firearms, the severity of which could be less or more depending on how skilled a marksman the gunman is.

In the absence of a proper fully automatic firearm, someone like this may just resort to pipe bombs, vests, etc. Eliminate military-grade firearms and there are still countless ways to mass murder men, women and children.

The media just furthers the motivation to go big or go home.

#12 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

I understand that we have made it too easy for killers to kill.

However you don't understand the basic differences between different types of rifles.

I have an AR-15 with a 20 inch bull barrel, and a 9X24 powered scope on it, with spring loaded tripod.

I also have a .308 deer hunting rifle with none of that stuff and it looks like a gun from the 1890's.

Which one can I do more damage with?

#13 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Seriously though, assault rifles have no place in regular citzens' hands. They serve absolutely no purpose except for violence.

Realistically, these types of tragedies can and will happen in the absence of assault-type firearms, the severity of which could be less or more depending on how skilled a marksman the gunman is.

In the absence of a proper fully automatic firearm, someone like this may just resort to pipe bombs, vests, etc. Eliminate military-grade firearms and there are still countless ways to mass murder men, women and children.

The media just furthers the motivation to go big or go home.

Auto's are already illegal. I highly doubt he was using an auto or a 3 round burst setting.

#14 FireMarshallBill

FireMarshallBill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Because this: http://en.m.wikipedi...ult_Weapons_Ban

Totally kept this: http://en.m.wikipedi...ma_City_bombing

From happening.

#15 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,710 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

we simply have bloodlust in the us. from our sports to our games to our movies. we crave violence and conflict. its as much a part of our dna as running a biz.
boxing? thats too slow and boring. give us MMA.
in football don't just show me the good catch or run, show me the hits where a guy gets knocked out. show me fist fights on youtube. show me kids fighting on the bus.
don't give me a movie that has just suspense. give me gore and disembowelment and decapitations and blood and creative ways to kill someone. don't give me a rating either. give me the unedited version because what i saw didn't satisfy my bloodlust. give me more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.