Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ban weapons of mass destruction.....NOW

616 posts in this topic

Posted

Seriously though, assault rifles have no place in regular citzens' hands. They serve absolutely no purpose except for violence.

Realistically, these types of tragedies can and will happen in the absence of assault-type firearms, the severity of which could be less or more depending on how skilled a marksman the gunman is.

In the absence of a proper fully automatic firearm, someone like this may just resort to pipe bombs, vests, etc. Eliminate military-grade firearms and there are still countless ways to mass murder men, women and children.

The media just furthers the motivation to go big or go home.

Auto's are already illegal. I highly doubt he was using an auto or a 3 round burst setting.

1 person likes this

Posted

Because this: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban

Totally kept this: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing

From happening.

Posted

we simply have bloodlust in the us. from our sports to our games to our movies. we crave violence and conflict. its as much a part of our dna as running a biz.

boxing? thats too slow and boring. give us MMA.

in football don't just show me the good catch or run, show me the hits where a guy gets knocked out. show me fist fights on youtube. show me kids fighting on the bus.

don't give me a movie that has just suspense. give me gore and disembowelment and decapitations and blood and creative ways to kill someone. don't give me a rating either. give me the unedited version because what i saw didn't satisfy my bloodlust. give me more.

Posted

Ban them all. Please explain what any reasonable law abiding citizen needs them for. Then tell me what it is worth in human life...6 & 7 year old life.

You said make it more difficult not ban them.

Banning would have made a difference for sure.

Posted

Banning doesn't do a goddamn thing unless they round up every single firearm in the country.

How are they going to do that, LP?

Do you think these kids parents would be grateful to know that it was a shotgun and not a rifle?

I have an idea, how bout they ban murder. Wait...

Posted

Waco and Ruby Ridge. When the government mounts a full assault against peaceful people they have the right to defend themselves. A single shot .22 will not suffice. Force is met with force.

There was no uproar to ban diesel and ammonium nitrate after Oklahoma City. That was a real weapon of mass destruction. Tim's "truck bomb" took more lives and did more damage that day than the AR did in ct.

Guns are like pit bulls. The media seizes the opportunity to sensationalize a tragedy involving either of them into a headline. It's working. People are calling for out right bans of firearms and some towns have enacted breed specific legislation to outlaw a type of dog.

And just like the pit bull, it is not the guns fault. Blame lies in the owner. You take away the pit bull and another breed replaces it as a "killer breed". Then the government starts to work on outlawing them. You ban guns, criminals are notorious for not following the law and you and I suffer. Where there is a will there is a way.

I don't blame airplanes and jet fuel for 9/11. They were the tools that were used to murder 3,000 people. Like firearms they are nothing but inanimate objects.

Posted

In the absence of a proper fully automatic firearm, someone like this may just resort to pipe bombs, vests, etc.

I think all the guns the kid had at the scene were semi-automatic just to split hairs.

Posted

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/16/feinstein-to-introduce-assault-weapons-ban-bill/

Bill to be introduced

Posted

I support some forms of gun restriction.

But banning something like guns, alcohol, drugs etc... never keeps them out of the hands of people that want them. Ban guns and the Cartels in Mexico will get even more powerful and wealthier as they sell guns to americans as well as drugs.

Posted

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/16/feinstein-to-introduce-assault-weapons-ban-bill/

Bill to be introduced

And when someone takes a glock with multiple 10 round mags into the office and goes apeshit what then? This bill is a joke.

Posted

Again, let's at least make guns as regulated as cars.

Is that so much to ask?

Posted

Here's my problem with this argument. You can't completely ban or destroy something that already exists. Whether it be an object like a weapon, or an idea even. Ban all "weapons of mass destruction" and toss them in the ocean if you want...people can not only make them themselves, but not all of them will be destroyed and people will still have access to them if they really want.

More regulations, laws, background checks yada yada, sure.

1 person likes this