Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ban weapons of mass destruction.....NOW

616 posts in this topic

Posted

However you don't understand the basic differences between different types of rifles.

I have an AR-15 with a 20 inch bull barrel, and a 9X24 powered scope on it, with spring loaded tripod.

I also have a .308 deer hunting rifle with none of that stuff and it looks like a gun from the 1890's.

Which one can I do more damage with?

I say ban the destructive stuff. You want to analyte a deer...that is not a sport.

You said make it more difficult not ban them.

Banning would have made a difference for sure.

In a later post I said ban. I want them banned and there should be very severe penalties for selling them on the black market (30 years). And severe penalties for buying/possessing them. (30 years)

Posted

Lets ban mass knee jerk emotional legislation

3 people like this

Posted

They already are as restricted as cars. If I want to buy my buddies car legall, all I need is cash and a trip to the dmv. If I want to buy his gun, same thing except I go to the sheriff's office instead of the dmv. If I want to buy gas for my car, I go to the gas station, and there are no restrictions. Same with ammunition for a gun.

Perhaps they should be regulated more like prescription drugs, ie a doctor must certify your mental health before you can own a gun. :)

Posted

I support some forms of gun restriction.

But banning something like guns, alcohol, drugs etc... never keeps them out of the hands of people that want them. Ban guns and the Cartels in Mexico will get even more powerful and wealthier as they sell guns to americans as well as drugs.

This killer had easy and legal access to these weapons of mass destruction. If he had not, maybe a few more kids or a teacher or two would still be alive. so, if one of these kids or teachers were in your family....what position would you take?

Posted

Stealing is legal access? That's good to know

Posted

Lets ban mass knee jerk emotional legislation

Please explain the harm gun control would cause. Then explain how you would explain to the parents in Conn.

Posted

bring every Gov in the US to DC in Jan. bring in the NRA and bring in the FBI. deconstruct everything related to firearms from as many angles as you possibly can. find a middle ground for a smart workable solution towards effective regulation. not an outright ban.

when you go from allowing something to zero tolerance there is almost always unintended consequences that end up doing more harm than good.

2 people like this

Posted

This killer had easy and legal access to these weapons of mass destruction. If he had not, maybe a few more kids or a teacher or two would still be alive. so, if one of these kids or teachers were in your family....what position would you take?

When I was a teenager, it was easier to get pot than to get alcohol. The reason was because pot was illegal and therefore not regulated, while alcohol was legal and regulated, and for the most part, the criminals couldn't compete with the legal forms of purchase.

If we ban firearms, we will only succeed in making the Cartels even wealthier and more powerful than they already are. They need to be more strictly regulated, and punishment for those who allow their guns to be used by those who would not otherwise be allowed to own a gun needs to be implemented or increased, but banning guns will not work very well.

1 person likes this

Posted

Please explain the harm gun control would cause. Then explain how you would explain to the parents in Conn.

It's not my job to explain anything to parents, if I wanted that burden I'd be in law enforcement.

Please explain how the assult weapons ban in he 90s saved all the lives in the OkC federal building

Posted

Hell, if they were smart they'd ban drunk driving as well. Think of all the lives that would be saved.

Posted

When I was a teenager, it was easier to get pot than to get alcohol. The reason was because pot was illegal and therefore not regulated, while alcohol was legal and regulated, and for the most part, the criminals couldn't compete with the legal forms of purchase.

If we ban firearms, we will only succeed in making the Cartels even wealthier and more powerful than they already are.

Lame argument. I doubt all those kids and teachers would be dead if these weapons had not been legally purchased.

If outlawing these weapons could save even only 1 life...and that was a child you loved....would that not be worth it?

I do not understand defending these weapons. Have you read the data from Canada and England?

Posted

We don't live in England or Canada. We live where our right to bear firearms is constitutionally protected.

Once again, blame the object, not the person.

1 person likes this