Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ladypanther

Ban weapons of mass destruction.....NOW

613 posts in this topic

I can punch an ungunned crazy person.

That's assault.

Your forefathers were 700,000 white dudes with no standing army. They needed them to be armed. But let's not ever look at why laws were made.

You said you would support prohibition as an amendmant

Sorry but my magical amendment bans guns in the hands of citizens....it's in the Constitution.

When did I say that I would support prohibition?

You asked a simple question, and I answered.

Yes, I would support that amendment, to ban all guns, but only if the military and law enforcement was included.

I still would like to know why you all think criminals would follow the law?

When did I say that I would support prohibition?

You asked a simple question, and I answered.

Yes, I would support that amendment, to ban all guns, but only if the military and law enforcement was included.

I misread your previous post and now my argument hold no merit with you/Amendments.

Your forefathers were 700,000 white dudes with no standing army. They needed them to be armed. But let's not ever look at why laws were made.

You said you would support prohibition as an amendmant

Sorry but my magical amendment bans guns in the hands of citizens....it's in the Constitution.

The bolded is true. However there is a second part to this. They wanted the people to be able to rise up against a tyrannical government.

I can punch an ungunned crazy person.

Sure you can...

After they've parked the truck in OKC, or after they've hijacked the plane, or mixed the Kool-Aid, or blown up the school, or mailed the bomb, or drowned the kids in the lake or bathtub, etc...

Crazy doesn't sleep, doesn't take breaks, works nights and weekends, and will generally find a way to accomplish whatever jacked up scenario they can think up...

I'm fine with more regulation... just wish there were similar outcry for identifying and addressing the disturbed BEFORE the tragedy...

Without guns crazy people would still be a problem.

Without crazy people guns would still be hunks of metal that can do nothing without a person behind the trigger.

So you are now for universal health care with single payer?

That is the only answer to everyone getting mental health care that needs it.

The bolded is true. However there is a second part to this. They wanted the people to be able to rise up against a tyrannical government.

As States not individuals. They did not want absolute power in the hands of the President/King/Dictator.

There is no right to own a car, there is a distinct right to own a gun.

Do you feel the same about your right to vote? Should you have to pay to be eligible to vote? What about have to pass a test before you can vote?

Even if you accept the 2nd amendment to means everyone has the right to have arms (which it doesn't).

The amendment doesn't say right to bear guns, it says arms.

So do you think a US citizen should have the right to own a nuclear bomb if he can afford one?

So many want a ban on high cap mags and "assault" rifles. You think that's the answer?