Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ladypanther

Ban weapons of mass destruction.....NOW

614 posts in this topic

It comes down to this.

Ban all weapons that can fire bullets. All the other talk is just "feel good" crap after a tragedy.

Waiting periods, licenses, training, blah, blah, blah. None, none, NONE of these would have stopped the lunatic. It is just an opportunity for folks who have been trying to enact these same restrictions to now have an opportunity to go forward. None of this solves the immediate problem of lunatics.

It has to be a more comprehensive conversation than just the left doing more to restrict firearms. If they walk away with anything less than a total ban on firearms, then the lunatic factor is still there.

Problem not solved. Movies, videos, medicines, psychiatric care, all need to be part of the conversation. If you think it is only a gun problem, then you are a hack and an opportunist that is only wanting to pull something over on the rest of us without solving the actual problem.

Go ahead Shaka Zulu, it's a new day, time for you to neg rep me.

I agree that all those things need to be part of the conversation.

But the idea that if we can't save everyone we should save no one, is something I can't get behind. Not anymore.

Men who feel the need to have/shoot big guns are obviously over compensating for bb gun they've been packing since birth.

Gotta love it....use the old folk tale invented by non-masculine men to try and deflect the truth. Nice job.

Regardless of what you think the 2nd amendment says it became arcane and obsolete after the Civil War when power both politically and militarily were shifted away from individual free states and consolidated to the federal government.

The entire purpose of it was the protection of state rights and balance of power. That mirage was destroyed at Appomattox Courthouse.

Regardless of what you think the 2nd amendment says it became arcane and obsolete after the Civil War when power both politically and militarily were shifted away from individual free states and consolidated to the federal government.

The entire purpose of it was the protection of state rights and balance of power. That mirage was destroyed at Appomattox Courthouse.

My solution to this issue goes back to that time a bit.

Want to ban certain types of weapons, feel free.

At a state level.

pew pew pew

I am just screwing with you.

why do those guys have smallpox?

why do those guys have smallpox?

Government test subjects.

In 1982 21000 people died in alcohol related crashes.

Perhaps we could reduce gun violence by half as well with more laws, regulations,and awareness.

Great example!

Yes it is a great example. Odly enough not in the way you meant it though. We were able to reduce alcohol related crashes by punishing BEHAVIOR not by restricting access to alcohol. This is the same way to reduce violent crime.

Yes it is a great example. Odly enough not in the way you meant it though. We were able to reduce alcohol related crashes by punishing BEHAVIOR not by restricting access to alcohol. This is the same way to reduce violent crime.

So things like raising the drinking age by three years aren't restricting access I guess.

Here we go making up poo again.