Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ladypanther

Ban weapons of mass destruction.....NOW

613 posts in this topic

In regards to the cars vs guns comparison.

It somehow is easier to own a gun than a car.

I would be fine with treating gun ownership like car ownership.

Pay yearly taxes on them, require periodic training classes, and have them inspected and registered yearly.

I understand everyones rush to "do something". Nothing listed here would have prevented the tragedy.

You are going to have to give up on the quick fixes and get both sides to come up with a more comprehensive solution.

I don't agree.

Not in this country at least.

People who follow laws don't murder people.

nobody breaks the law until they break the law. what madness is this?

I understand everyones rush to "do something". Nothing listed here would have prevented the tragedy.

You are going to have to give up on the quick fixes and get both sides to come up with a more comprehensive solution.

Well actually her not having a small arsenal would have prevented this tragedy but we are trying to avoid that lettuce patch

Well actually her not having a small arsenal would have prevented this tragedy but we are trying to avoid that lettuce patch

what part of your "solutions package" would have prevented her from having what she had?

Nothing. She would have bought them, paid the taxes, had training and her son would have killed her, took the weapons and did the eventual damage.

But, you feel better, because you DID something. It had no effect on the outcome of the tragedy. That is what I mean by the quick fixes instead of real solutions.

Again, emotion is not a great tool for legislation.

Her having them registered, taxed and annually inspected wouldn't have resolved the issue either, though...

The only thing that STOPS it, would be zero access... Anything else just gets in the way, and the kid simply goes next door, or to a friend, or etc...

Her having them registered, taxed and annually inspected wouldn't have resolved the issue either, though...

The only thing that STOPS it, would be zero access... Anything else just gets in the way, and the kid simply goes next door, or to a friend, or etc...

I already made this same argument with Zod in the other thread...

There's no way anyone can prove that if his mom hadn't had those guns, that he wouldn't have gotten them from someone/somewhere else. I will concede that obviously it was easier for him, but to say that if she didn't have them, this wouldn't have happened is just conjecture.

Seat belts don't prevent 100% of driving related deaths. Therefore, don't wear a seat belt?

Watching CNN and some congressman is on:

"Now is the time for immediate action. There will be no more debates, there will be no more committees. If we can save one child we must ban guns in this country now."

Reminds me of 9-11. This is the liberal 9-11.

Seat belts don't prevent 100% of driving related deaths. Therefore, don't wear a seat belt?

I thought we weren't comparing cars and guns?

Guys I'm sorry.

Your willingness to freely give away your rights absolutely terrifies me.

Del, Panthro, I've met you both and thing you are both pretty intelligent people, but your stances on this completely terrifies me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole