Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ladypanther

Ban weapons of mass destruction.....NOW

614 posts in this topic

Damn, if a handgun is a WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION, then I guess we were justified to invade Iraq after all.

The shooter used a semiautomatic rifle ( a military weapon). He shot one child 11 times. Please explain to me why anyone needs to have a right to own that kind of weapon? Then let me know how you would explain it to the parents of the 6 or 7 year old child that was shot 11 times.

The shooter used a semiautomatic rifle ( a military weapon). He shot one child 11 times. Please explain to me why anyone needs to have a right to own that kind of weapon? Then let me know how you would explain it to the parents of the 6 or 7 year old child that was shot 11 times.

a semi-auto rifle is not a military weapon. I think that you have no idea what you're talking about.

So you're saying it would have been ok if he'd used a single shot 20 gauge?

As to the last part, you keep asking that like its even relevant.

1 person likes this

For argument's sake, the pistols were also semi automatic with multi round clips. He could have done just as much damage with the other two weapons he was carrying. Just because he choose to use the rifle doesn't validate your argument.

1 person likes this

So you're saying it would have been ok if he'd used a single shot 20 gauge?

Absolutely not. I said all weapons of mass destruction.

For argument's sake, the pistols were also semi automatic with multi round clips. He could have done just as much damage with the other two weapons he was carrying. Just because he choose to use the rifle doesn't validate your argument.

I said all weapons of mass destruction...that includes all semi automatic weapons. Ban all clips.

I said all weapons of mass destruction...that includes all semi automatic weapons. Ban all clips.

But you just called a single shot 20 gauge a weapon of mass destruction. It doesn't have a clip.

Do you only want single bullet loaded weapons? Like one bullet at a time?

This is the rub.

Emotion vs logic. Nobody wants this tragedy, but there are NO easy answers.

I wonder how many parents of the murdered kids are responsible gun owners themselves. Surely out of 40+ people there's a few.

But you just called a single shot 20 gauge a weapon of mass destruction. It doesn't have a clip.

Do you only want single bullet loaded weapons? Like one bullet at a time?

I do not think I mentioned any particular weapon in my original post. I am against them all.

This crazy society likes to kill things and call it sport. One bullet at a time would be more than I want, but it a compromise I would accept.

Would have saved a few lives on Fri. That is the important thing.

Prove to me that the crazy fug wouldn't have figured out another way

2 people like this

Once you figure out that this logic is flawed you will see the whole argument better.

Like I said. I would gladly live in a society free of projectile weapons, but so long as uniformed officers, local PD all the way up to the military, have them, I'm not comfortable with disarming the public.