• Please log in to reply
615 replies to this topic

#16 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,218 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

Ban them all. Please explain what any reasonable law abiding citizen needs them for. Then tell me what it is worth in human life...6 & 7 year old life.

You said make it more difficult not ban them.

Banning would have made a difference for sure.

#17 FireMarshallBill

FireMarshallBill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Banning doesn't do a goddamn thing unless they round up every single firearm in the country.

How are they going to do that, LP?

Do you think these kids parents would be grateful to know that it was a shotgun and not a rifle?

I have an idea, how bout they ban murder. Wait...

#18 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Waco and Ruby Ridge. When the government mounts a full assault against peaceful people they have the right to defend themselves. A single shot .22 will not suffice. Force is met with force.

There was no uproar to ban diesel and ammonium nitrate after Oklahoma City. That was a real weapon of mass destruction. Tim's "truck bomb" took more lives and did more damage that day than the AR did in ct.

Guns are like pit bulls. The media seizes the opportunity to sensationalize a tragedy involving either of them into a headline. It's working. People are calling for out right bans of firearms and some towns have enacted breed specific legislation to outlaw a type of dog.

And just like the pit bull, it is not the guns fault. Blame lies in the owner. You take away the pit bull and another breed replaces it as a "killer breed". Then the government starts to work on outlawing them. You ban guns, criminals are notorious for not following the law and you and I suffer. Where there is a will there is a way.

I don't blame airplanes and jet fuel for 9/11. They were the tools that were used to murder 3,000 people. Like firearms they are nothing but inanimate objects.

#19 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,218 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

In the absence of a proper fully automatic firearm, someone like this may just resort to pipe bombs, vests, etc.

I think all the guns the kid had at the scene were semi-automatic just to split hairs.

#20 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,218 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

http://politicaltick...apons-ban-bill/

Bill to be introduced

#21 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

I support some forms of gun restriction.

But banning something like guns, alcohol, drugs etc... never keeps them out of the hands of people that want them. Ban guns and the Cartels in Mexico will get even more powerful and wealthier as they sell guns to americans as well as drugs.

#22 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/16/feinstein-to-introduce-assault-weapons-ban-bill/

Bill to be introduced

And when someone takes a glock with multiple 10 round mags into the office and goes apeshit what then? This bill is a joke.

#23 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Again, let's at least make guns as regulated as cars.

Is that so much to ask?

#24 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,426 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Here's my problem with this argument. You can't completely ban or destroy something that already exists. Whether it be an object like a weapon, or an idea even. Ban all "weapons of mass destruction" and toss them in the ocean if you want...people can not only make them themselves, but not all of them will be destroyed and people will still have access to them if they really want.

More regulations, laws, background checks yada yada, sure.

#25 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

However you don't understand the basic differences between different types of rifles.

I have an AR-15 with a 20 inch bull barrel, and a 9X24 powered scope on it, with spring loaded tripod.

I also have a .308 deer hunting rifle with none of that stuff and it looks like a gun from the 1890's.

Which one can I do more damage with?

I say ban the destructive stuff. You want to analyte a deer...that is not a sport.

You said make it more difficult not ban them.

Banning would have made a difference for sure.

In a later post I said ban. I want them banned and there should be very severe penalties for selling them on the black market (30 years). And severe penalties for buying/possessing them. (30 years)

#26 FireMarshallBill

FireMarshallBill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Lets ban mass knee jerk emotional legislation

#27 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

They already are as restricted as cars. If I want to buy my buddies car legall, all I need is cash and a trip to the dmv. If I want to buy his gun, same thing except I go to the sheriff's office instead of the dmv. If I want to buy gas for my car, I go to the gas station, and there are no restrictions. Same with ammunition for a gun.

Perhaps they should be regulated more like prescription drugs, ie a doctor must certify your mental health before you can own a gun. :)

#28 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

I support some forms of gun restriction.

But banning something like guns, alcohol, drugs etc... never keeps them out of the hands of people that want them. Ban guns and the Cartels in Mexico will get even more powerful and wealthier as they sell guns to americans as well as drugs.

This killer had easy and legal access to these weapons of mass destruction. If he had not, maybe a few more kids or a teacher or two would still be alive. so, if one of these kids or teachers were in your family....what position would you take?

#29 FireMarshallBill

FireMarshallBill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Stealing is legal access? That's good to know

#30 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Lets ban mass knee jerk emotional legislation

Please explain the harm gun control would cause. Then explain how you would explain to the parents in Conn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com