615 replies to this topic

#481 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,963 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

I am for closing the Gun Show Loophole....I am for consistent regulations on purchasing guns (all states should be the same)....I am for requiring a license to purchase any gun....I am for mandatory saftey/usage training courses to get a license to purchase a gun.

But, I am not for the government to decide which guns are OK and which are not. You open that door and you quickly start losing rights.

You see guns as nothing but an instrument of death. You do not see them as many gun owners do....target practicing, hunting, etc. You apparently had biases against guns long before this tragedy occurs.....and are using the tragedy for that agenda.

So no legit response to me. Just calling me bias. Im sure I could say the same back to you but what does that help?

#482 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

It comes down to this.

Ban all weapons that can fire bullets. All the other talk is just "feel good" crap after a tragedy.

Waiting periods, licenses, training, blah, blah, blah. None, none, NONE of these would have stopped the lunatic. It is just an opportunity for folks who have been trying to enact these same restrictions to now have an opportunity to go forward. None of this solves the immediate problem of lunatics.

It has to be a more comprehensive conversation than just the left doing more to restrict firearms. If they walk away with anything less than a total ban on firearms, then the lunatic factor is still there.
Problem not solved. Movies, videos, medicines, psychiatric care, all need to be part of the conversation. If you think it is only a gun problem, then you are a hack and an opportunist that is only wanting to pull something over on the rest of us without solving the actual problem.

Go ahead Shaka Zulu, it's a new day, time for you to neg rep me.

#483 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,768 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

I don't think very many people feel that we can eliminate every single terrible tragedy relating to guns (because there is not a single person I know that thinks that *guns* are the only reason these tragedies are occurring), but increased regulation might lower the number of them. Specific tragedies might not be possible to prevent with some of the proposals presented here or in the public realm, but they might work towards limiting gun violence, which I think is a good thing.

#484 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,335 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

Don't think you are man enough to handle it.... :sword:

Men who feel the need to have/shoot big guns are obviously over compensating for bb gun they've been packing since birth.

#485 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

so guns are addictive like a drug?

So the college student slamming wild turkey that then kills someone on the road is "addicted"? I know its hard for you liberals to let that argument go, but it's still a horrible decision made by one person that countless others chose not to make.

#486 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Men who feel the need to have/shoot big guns are obviously over compensating for bb gun they've been packing since birth.

The older I get, the smaller my "magazine" seems to be

#487 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,335 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

So the college student slamming wild turkey that then kills someone on the road is "addicted"? I know its hard for you liberals to let that argument go, but it's still a horrible decision made by one person that countless others chose not to make.

You said banning alcohol didn't work. Well that is because alcohol is a very addictive substance. It's a mood and emotion alterer.

Are you saying that guns are the same? That it wouldn't work because people are addicted to them?

So the fact that with improved laws, regulations, and awareness the amount of drunk driver caused deaths has been cut in half over the last 30 years means NOTHING????

Again you conservatives are an all or nothing bunch. What if we were able to reduce the number of kids being killed by guns by NOT TAKING AWAY GUNS but improving the laws, regulations, and awareness around them.

derp a kid still died derp didnt work

#488 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,162 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

#489 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

A defensive weapon used offensively, I know, nobody died, but just saying that crime and loonies won't go away just because you take the weapon of choice away at the time.

http://philadelphia....in-center-city/

#490 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Gotta love drudge commenters

#491 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

A defensive weapon used offensively, I know, nobody died, but just saying that crime and loonies won't go away just because you take the weapon of choice away at the time.

http://philadelphia....in-center-city/

Who exactly is saying that crime and loonies will all go away?

Will death and violence be reduced with sensible gun regulation reform? Absolutely! How do I know that? There are countless nations around the world that have demonstrated that reality every day of the week and have been doing it for decades if not generations.

Continually throwing up straw men won't change the reality that the US has armed more and killed more humans per capita than any other nation in the civilized world.

Americans are more than capable of providing a safer environment for our children to grow up in than what we have today and adding more guns to our society is not part of that solution. In fact the opposite is true and the vast majority of American communities knew that right up until the time the NRA was high jacked by the gun manufacturers to be used as a means to increase profits.

Wrong side of history, yet again.

#492 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,162 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

Americans are apparently so eager to get their hands on the type of gun used in Friday's elementary school massacre that stores can't stock them fast enough.

Read more: http://www.businessi...2#ixzz2FcCrHSdb

:goodjob:

#493 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,714 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

Americans are apparently so eager to get their hands on the type of gun used in Friday's elementary school massacre that stores can't stock them fast enough.

Read more: http://www.businessi...2#ixzz2FcCrHSdb

:goodjob:

Not shocking at all. Most gun owners, if they were financially able, have been purchasing more weapons and ammunition since Obama took office.

Know why? We knew at some point that the federal government would be coming after arms. That time is now, and the ones who purchased were correct.

P.S. lets also factor in Greece and what is happening to our financial system.

#494 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,470 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

So no legit response to me. Just calling me bias. Im sure I could say the same back to you but what does that help?

Not sure what you are looking for. I stated that I am for better regulations, but not for banning.

You can't keep banning things because stupid people use them. Thsoe same stupid people will just find another method. I guess we should just keep banning things until they run out of options.

#495 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,919 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

It comes down to this.

Ban all weapons that can fire bullets. All the other talk is just "feel good" crap after a tragedy.

Waiting periods, licenses, training, blah, blah, blah. None, none, NONE of these would have stopped the lunatic. It is just an opportunity for folks who have been trying to enact these same restrictions to now have an opportunity to go forward. None of this solves the immediate problem of lunatics.

It has to be a more comprehensive conversation than just the left doing more to restrict firearms. If they walk away with anything less than a total ban on firearms, then the lunatic factor is still there.
Problem not solved. Movies, videos, medicines, psychiatric care, all need to be part of the conversation. If you think it is only a gun problem, then you are a hack and an opportunist that is only wanting to pull something over on the rest of us without solving the actual problem.

Go ahead Shaka Zulu, it's a new day, time for you to neg rep me.

I agree that all those things need to be part of the conversation.

But the idea that if we can't save everyone we should save no one, is something I can't get behind. Not anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com