• Please log in to reply
615 replies to this topic

#601 adub2b23

adub2b23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

The only thing banning guns is going to do is keep responsible americans from owning a gun. Criminals don't follow the law thus they won't even think twice. Will banning guns make it more difficult for criminals to get a hold of a gun? Possibly, but it won't stop them. You have to look at the root of the problem - the mental stability of the criminal, their background, where they grew up, etc. Fix that and you will decrease homicidal occurances.

The only thing banning guns does is leave the responsible American's vulnerable and unable to defend themselves.

I don't see why that is so hard to understand.

You want to protect the schools, put police officers in there.

The reason criminals choose places like schools, movie theaters, etc, is because they know that no one in the area will be armed thus making it an easy target. What's even worse is advertising it - when you advertise no guns allowed, you are putting all the people there at risk. They know no one will be able to fight back.

#602 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,109 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

The only thing banning guns is going to do is keep responsible americans from owning a gun. Criminals don't follow the law thus they won't even think twice. Will banning guns make it more difficult for criminals to get a hold of a gun? Possibly, but it won't stop them. You have to look at the root of the problem - the mental stability of the criminal, their background, where they grew up, etc. Fix that and you will decrease homicidal occurances.

THe only thing banning guns does is leave the responsible American's vulnerable and unable to defend themselves.

I don't see why that is so hard to understand.

You want to protect the schools, put police officers in there.

The reason criminals choose places like schools, movie theaters, etc, is because they know that no one in the area will be armed thus making it an easy target. What's even worse is advertising it - hen you advertise no guns allowed, you are putting the all the people there at risk. They know no one will be able to fight back.

Who exactly is proposing to ban all guns?

Some have suggest assault rifles should be banned, but I am not aware of any serious efforts to ban guns entirely.

#603 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

Posted Image

#604 dpanther69

dpanther69

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

Have people ever killed a large number of other people without using guns before? I can't remember. Srsly

About 3000 were killed by a few terrorist and box cutters. Also close to 200 in OKC with fertilizer and a few other chemcials. So if there is intend mass murder will happen.

#605 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,256 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

Hasn't happened since....must be all the laws and regulations. Nah

#606 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,212 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

Who exactly is proposing to ban all guns?

Some have suggest assault rifles should be banned, but I am not aware of any serious efforts to ban guns entirely.

The same way the left opposes ANY abortion because they think it will lead to further restrictions, is the same for the gun owners.

Many dem politicians have said an assault weapon is any weapon that is semi automatic. I would almost agree. What is the difference in a pistol that has clips of 12-14 and you are carrying 12 clips in a book bag?

Assault rifles will not stop it. Then, the next nut uses the glocks, take them away, then, the next guy uses a plugless semi auto or pump shotgun with buckshot.

They could kill several with each blast.

The problem is the banning is not based on common sense and problem solving, just long held hatred for guns. After one ban, then why not ban the rest? Who is to draw the rules up for what an American can and cannot own. Just a lot of platitudes so far.

#607 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,109 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

The same way the left opposes ANY abortion because they think it will lead to further restrictions, is the same for the gun owners.

Many dem politicians have said an assault weapon is any weapon that is semi automatic. I would almost agree. What is the difference in a pistol that has clips of 12-14 and you are carrying 12 clips in a book bag?

Assault rifles will not stop it. Then, the next nut uses the glocks, take them away, then, the next guy uses a plugless semi auto or pump shotgun with buckshot.

They could kill several with each blast.

The problem is the banning is not based on common sense and problem solving, just long held hatred for guns. After one ban, then why not ban the rest? Who is to draw the rules up for what an American can and cannot own. Just a lot of platitudes so far.

Just want to say Merry Christmas Eve Stirs! Hope you and your family are safe and able to get together during the holidays. Best wishes for the new year!Posted Image

Not sure how effective banning any particular type of weapon would be, but some of these weapons are at best, no more useful for hunting or home defense than more traditional weapons. So unless their owners are expecting to be fighting the National Guard, they amount to little more than dangerous toys. I've had countless occasions to use similar weapons while in the service, so I'm very familiar with their capabilities.

I would honestly be surprised, even now, if any meaningful legislation gets passed since the Congress is still too polarized on most of the important issues, including firearms. Hope you have an enjoyable holiday season!

Till next year, take care.

Nanuq
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#608 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,212 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

NN

Hoping you and you family have a great Holiday Season. We can butt heads next year as you say. Oh yeah, I also commend you on your service. I might disagree with you on a lot, but you have done something I did not in being in the military, so you deserve a huge amount of respect for your opinion. Have a Blessed Season my friend.

Computer illiterate so no cool Santa

#609 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,391 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

damn holiday cheer, it's spread into the tinderbox too. get out of here you bastards and leave this place to us scrooges for the next day! ;)

#610 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

NN

Hoping you and you family have a great Holiday Season. We can butt heads next year as you say. Oh yeah, I also commend you on your service. I might disagree with you on a lot, but you have done something I did not in being in the military, so you deserve a huge amount of respect for your opinion. Have a Blessed Season my friend.

Computer illiterate so no cool Santa

Just want to say Merry Christmas Eve Stirs! Hope you and your family are safe and able to get together during the holidays. Best wishes for the new year!Posted Image

Not sure how effective banning any particular type of weapon would be, but some of these weapons are at best, no more useful for hunting or home defense than more traditional weapons. So unless their owners are expecting to be fighting the National Guard, they amount to little more than dangerous toys. I've had countless occasions to use similar weapons while in the service, so I'm very familiar with their capabilities.

I would honestly be surprised, even now, if any meaningful legislation gets passed since the Congress is still too polarized on most of the important issues, including firearms. Hope you have an enjoyable holiday season!

Till next year, take care.

Nanuq

It's a Festivus Miracle!!! =P

#611 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Note 1: Gun laws will not change because of this tragedy, I think if there was any serious reform to restrict weapons to the civilian public there would be a revolution by tomorrow morning.

Note 2: We need to look at the real problem and thats the sick freaks that commit these crimes

#612 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,796 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

The only thing banning guns is going to do is keep responsible americans from owning a gun. Criminals don't follow the law thus they won't even think twice. Will banning guns make it more difficult for criminals to get a hold of a gun? Possibly, but it won't stop them.

i'm continually amazed at how often this is parroted as though it's an all-encompassing solution and the most obvious thing in the world to anyone who isn't a libtard.

people are socialized into ways of thinking and accepting 'proof' of a supporting argument's bulletproof validity. people think "well yeah, i'm a common sense republican, of course i'm pro gun" and therefore any argument presented for denying any form of gun control is embraced with no further thought. anyone who opposes it is just an idiot, and don't you dare challenge it or you're ...well... you're just one of those college internet libtards trying to ruin america.

#613 adub2b23

adub2b23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

i'm continually amazed at how often this is parroted as though it's an all-encompassing solution and the most obvious thing in the world to anyone who isn't a libtard.

people are socialized into ways of thinking and accepting 'proof' of a supporting argument's bulletproof validity. people think "well yeah, i'm a common sense republican, of course i'm pro gun" and therefore any argument presented for denying any form of gun control is embraced with no further thought. anyone who opposes it is just an idiot, and don't you dare challenge it or you're ...well... you're just one of those college internet libtards trying to ruin america.

Well if you can explain to me that criminals will be willing to follow stricter gun controls I'll be glad to listen. I don't even own a gun nor do I plan on owning one. The fact that you think stricter gun control will decrease the crime rate is one of the most absurd things I've heard and completely ignorant. I'm almost embarrassed to be responding to this post, but I suppose you felt the need to commence childish name calling, "internet libtard", on an online forum. How old are you? I was really trying to make a valid statement. You seem like one of the knee jerking individuals trying to ban the only protection reasonable American's have. Focus on the real problem, which is solutions for mental disabilities, helping poverty stricken areas, and many things that stem from such. I wasn't implying that this was the ultimate solution to fix the problem, but it would definitely be more beneficial than stricter gun control.

I haven't seen a worthy argument here against "pro gun," other than "those poor kid's, we should ban guns now." I'm sorry but there's no way those kid's would have been saved unless there was law enforcement present already. People like that WILL find ways of getting what they need to commit these horrendous acts. Please, we need to put an SRO officer in every school.
The only difference between gun laws in no gun laws is the inability to defend yourself from criminals who pay no attention to the law.

Maybe we should have stricter gun controls, that way when psycho's break into our homes and we need to defend our families, all we can do is cower in the corner.

Unless you can completely rid the world of guns...that is not the solution.

#614 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

When you have to bring Belarus and Russia in as examples, you know you're tricking the data.

Oh the irony.

#615 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

ttt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.