• Please log in to reply
615 replies to this topic

#91 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,328 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

Yeah this thread has become laughable and pointless...enjoy fighting the good fight fellow posters of common sense.

#92 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

What century are you living in? With today's weapons of war...anything an individual would have would be no more effective than sticks and stones.

How many children/young people are you willing to sacrifice for this extremist scenario? Going to send a message to the Conn parents about how their children died for your greater good?

This is getting pathetic. You care more about white kids than you do dark skinned kids. What about the parents of the children that were murdered via drones by Obama? I guess they do not matter.

You want to use murdered children to further your cause then include all murdered children. fug you and your bigoted post.

#93 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,712 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

This is getting pathetic. You care more about white kids than you do dark skinned kids. What about the parents of the children that were murdered via drones by Obama? I guess they do not matter.

You want to use murdered children to further your cause then include all murdered children. fug you and your bigoted post.

Posted Image

#94 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Waco, Afghanastan, Iraq... Thats too sinister for common folk to want to hear and discuss. It is under the guise of war.. An enemy. There is a huge disconnect bc of culture or brown skin.

It is just like the end of the movie "A Time to Kill". The lawyer is describing how Samuel L Jackson's daughter was kidnapped, raped, beaten drug on the groung with intent to kill her...then tells the Missisippi jurors.."now imagine she is white"

It was powerful in the movie bc yes... There is a filter for most americans with the death of other races...add drones and glossy eyed shoulder shrugs ensue.

#95 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

LMAO at calling a semi-auto rifle a weapon of mass destruction.

*smh*

#96 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

I said all weapons of mass destruction...that includes all semi automatic weapons. Ban all clips.

LMAO

#97 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

‚ÄčI have not made a distinction by race. This is the first time in my life I have been called bigoted and it is completely uncalled for. I would like an apology.

#98 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,320 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

If you hang around the tinderbox, you will be called all kinds of things. Would not expect an apology right away. Thicker skin required here as name calling is part of the territory. All people on the conservative side have been called bigot like hundreds of times.

#99 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

Rabblerousers...

#100 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,924 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Rabblerousers...

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

#101 carolinapf

carolinapf

The Judge

• HUDDLER
  • 3,947 posts
  • LocationPineville NC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Yes...without that rifle the shooter would not have gotten off as many shots or shots as deadly. The coroner who did 7 autopsies said some of those 7 were shot 11 times. That ammo was deadly with 1 shot. Military type weapons have no use in the civilian world. None of those kids that were shot with that type of weapon had a chance of surviving.

If you want to defend that type of weapon being legal...what the hell is it needed for? Why would you trade all the innocent lives that have been lost?

He did not use the rifle, it was found in the back seat of his car. The VT shooter just used two pistols to kill 30+. Pistols are easy acess and will never be banned or regulated other than registering them.

#102 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,712 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

He did not use the rifle, it was found in the back seat of his car. The VT shooter just used two pistols to kill 30+. Pistols are easy acess and will never be banned or regulated other than registering them.

Well this is one of the many inconsistencies that I'm going to cover in my thread after the game. They DID find the rifle in his trunk as was initially reported, there's video evidence from the local news affiliates showing this.

However, after the information came out, regarding how many shots were fired over so short a period of time, they changed their story to say that he used the rifle as his weapon.

Again, I'll cover all this later this evening, with links and such.

#103 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Alcohol kills or contributes to far more deaths than firearms.

In 2009, a total of 1,314 children age 14 and younger were killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes. Of those 1,314 fatalities, 181 (14%) occurred in alcohol-impaired driving crashes. Out of those 181 deaths, 92 (51%) were occupants of a vehicle with a driver who had a BAC level of .08 or higher, and another 27 children (15%) were pedestrians or pedalcyclists struck by drivers with a BAC of .08 or higher.

That's not including adult deaths. People will always abuse privilege, whether its the right to enjoy a beer or the right to go out with your "assault rifle" ( which is nothing more than what uneducated people think one should look like). So in short, guns are not the problem. Societal decay is the problem.

#104 strik9

strik9

Think before you post

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

Hello Ms.LadyPanther,

I am responding to be involved in dialog, not insults. I def. believe you have the right to your reaction and opinion in this time of sorrow. I do believe your idea of banning all firearms is nieve, and un-realistic...

...First, debatable as it may be, it is my right to legally own firearms and I do. The 2nd is among many rights that has and does make America a desirable place to live, and me proud/lucky to an American. As I said Im a gun owner. And I am not willing under any means to forfiet them or mine/my nieghbors right to have them. Its not concievable to expect any gun owners to. Its my opinion that a total ban would create more criminals, and the raise the number of vics. Not to mention the slippery slope of trying to take away a right garenteed from birth.

Second, regulation is great, if done based on fact not emotion. I do not mean this as a personal attack, but I think your reaction to "wmd" is based on sex appeal (looks/mods), not informed fire arm knowledge (caliber, effective/deadly range, ect...). Remember legallity and regulation effects the law-abiding, not the criminals who ignore such laws anyways. Again, I support informed well thought out regulation.

side notes...

Not all guns need clips to hold many rounds (My 30/30 for example...no clip yet holds multiple rounds. A small rifle-nothing fancy- but deadly up to 100 yds).

As deadly as they are, you must practice to be effective with pistols. Unfortunately, schools offer a potentually large number of targets all very much confined in a small space. The ol' fish in a barrel. Even used by an amature the pistol was deadly. A pump shotgun would have been even deadlier, shot for shot though. I have practice w/ a glock and a shotgun, meaning I am familiar with eaches' reach, round size/make up, capacity, and potential damage.

...so Ms. lp I responded to partake in dialog, not to insult. I dont know what Id tell the parents. My heart goes out to all involved. But, I don't think "don't worry we are going to take guns away from law abiding Americans, leaving the lawless armed" is what they would want to hear.

Marshall

#105 carolinapf

carolinapf

The Judge

• HUDDLER
  • 3,947 posts
  • LocationPineville NC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Well this is one of the many inconsistencies that I'm going to cover in my thread after the game. They DID find the rifle in his trunk as was initially reported, there's video evidence from the local news affiliates showing this.

However, after the information came out, regarding how many shots were fired over so short a period of time, they changed their story to say that he used the rifle as his weapon.

Again, I'll cover all this later this evening, with links and such.

Thanks, it would be great to clarify this. The news I have read, whether true or not, states the .223 rifle was found in the back seat of his mothers car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com