Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who was Adam Lanza's Doctor?

63 posts in this topic

Posted

What exactly is anyone proposing in this thread?

It seems like every mass murder involves psychotic drugs these days. That's all I'm saying.

Posted

It seems like every mass murder involves psychotic drugs these days. That's all I'm saying.

Correlation does not denote causation.

That's way too broad an assumption you're making. Almost as bad as linking wearing a shirt to mass murder simply because it seems like every mass murder is wearing a shirt these days.

Posted

Correlation does not denote causation.

That's way too broad an assumption you're making. Almost as bad as linking wearing a shirt to mass murder simply because it seems like every mass murder is wearing a shirt these days.

So let's run the regression analysis and tell me the predictive value of psychotropic drugs in school shootings. Fire up some correlations of coefficients.

And then compare that to shirt color or any other variable over the last decade or so.

When is the last school shooting that didn't involve the killers being on these drugs?

Posted

Well sure, because these people are psychotic.

Posted

this is why i keep saying the sample size of known mass murderers the last 30 years should make it easier to come to better conclusions.

in many ways the results are along the lines of cognitive dissonance

Posted

this is why i keep saying the sample size of known mass murderers the last 30 years should make it easier to come to better conclusions.

in many ways the results are along the lines of cognitive dissonance

http://www.ssristories.com/index.php?p=school

Posted

My wife found something like this last night when we were discussing it.... definitely looks like the pharmaceutical lobby has been working overtime too...

Posted

no more calls please we have a winner

Posted

not trying to defend big pharma, but one thing to keep in mind is that these people were extremely sick in the first place, and that most people that are on these meds don't go shoot up places.

so, it looks like every school shooter is very sick, but not everyone who is very sick is a school shooter. therefore, I'm not sure the conclusion that medicine is the root cause of this is correct.

buuut... who knows, I may be wrong.

Posted

These things tend to happen in societies that worship the almighty dollar, trust profit driven corporations and push for more deregulation.

Posted

When I read about these loons, I find it hard to blame the drugs.

As an example, the VA Tech loon was off his rocker from jump street, long before drugs and therapy.

Lucky for big pharma, almost no one reads the side effects warnings. They are all very long and very "scary", for even the common medications.

Posted

When I read about these loons, I find it hard to blame the drugs.

As an example, the VA Tech loon was off his rocker from jump street, long before drugs and therapy.

Lucky for big pharma, almost no one reads the side effects warnings. They are all very long and very "scary", for even the common medications.

The question is do regular psychos kill classrooms full of children or is it only drug induced or drug withdrawal psychos.

Given that these drugs have strong albeit rare side effects that correlate to such actions, it makes me feel like the drugs are at least the tipping point.