• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

It seems like every mass murder involves psychotic drugs these days. That's all I'm saying.

Well sure, because these people are psychotic.

#17 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,004 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

this is why i keep saying the sample size of known mass murderers the last 30 years should make it easier to come to better conclusions.

in many ways the results are along the lines of cognitive dissonance

#18 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,162 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

this is why i keep saying the sample size of known mass murderers the last 30 years should make it easier to come to better conclusions.

in many ways the results are along the lines of cognitive dissonance

http://www.ssristories.com/index.php?p=school

#19 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,986 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

http://www.ssristori...ex.php?p=school

My wife found something like this last night when we were discussing it.... definitely looks like the pharmaceutical lobby has been working overtime too...

#20 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,004 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

no more calls please we have a winner

#21 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,768 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

not trying to defend big pharma, but one thing to keep in mind is that these people were extremely sick in the first place, and that most people that are on these meds don't go shoot up places.

so, it looks like every school shooter is very sick, but not everyone who is very sick is a school shooter. therefore, I'm not sure the conclusion that medicine is the root cause of this is correct.

buuut... who knows, I may be wrong.

#22 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

These things tend to happen in societies that worship the almighty dollar, trust profit driven corporations and push for more deregulation.

#23 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

When I read about these loons, I find it hard to blame the drugs.

As an example, the VA Tech loon was off his rocker from jump street, long before drugs and therapy.

Lucky for big pharma, almost no one reads the side effects warnings. They are all very long and very "scary", for even the common medications.

#24 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,162 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

When I read about these loons, I find it hard to blame the drugs.

As an example, the VA Tech loon was off his rocker from jump street, long before drugs and therapy.

Lucky for big pharma, almost no one reads the side effects warnings. They are all very long and very "scary", for even the common medications.

The question is do regular psychos kill classrooms full of children or is it only drug induced or drug withdrawal psychos.

Given that these drugs have strong albeit rare side effects that correlate to such actions, it makes me feel like the drugs are at least the tipping point.

#25 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Could be.
Might not.

Before we had these drugs we had psychos killing many people.

China has bozos knifing children and I'm pretty sure none of them have front line antipsychotic meds, ADHD drugs, or antidepressant drugs.

I guess what i am saying is...it might be intellectually lazy to lay all of this on the drugs, tho i do agree the prime issue is indeed mental health, rather than just gunz gunz gunz.

#26 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,162 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

Despite every indication that Navy Yard shooter Aaron Alexis was on SSRI drugs that have been linked to dozens of previous mass shootings, the mainstream media has once again avoided all discussion of the issue, preferring instead to blame the tragedy on a non-existent AR-15 that the gunman didn’t even use.

http://www.infowars....o-navy-shooter/

#27 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

I find the common denomenator between these psycos is their obsession with online shoot em' up games. Most of these cases(even back to columbine) revealed an obsessive behavioral pattern centered around these games. Some of these guys were documenting over 16 hours a day logged into these combat simulators. Maybe there really is some sort of corillation between mental disabilities and excessive gaming? These guys clearly have a disconnect from reality. Which they seem to fill with the online persona they develop. Then decide to act upon in real life. I'm not saying we should ever ban anything. But there does seem to be a need for some research here. And before anybody goes ranting on me about how harmless games are. Ask this: " if we were to ban firearms from society? Would we then ban them from the games and movies?

Alexis was able to hold down a military installation with a shotgun and 2 handguns? Against trained armed gaurds? Granted these men have excessive training. But they do not have 16 hours a day, 7 days a week to rehearse urban commando warfare tactics. Now, I find it hard to believe that Alexis was that lucky. Instead, I believe that the fragile nature of his mental state, coupled with excessive combat scenarios lead to a trained killer. And who knows? Maybe the meds helped him remain in his fantasmal state of being?

#28 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,162 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

There may be a correlation, but what percentage of young men play violent video games? I bet it is a big number.

#29 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

There may be a correlation, but what percentage of young men play violent video games? I bet it is a big number.

I agree 100%. thats why I say I wouldn't want to ban them. But how many of those guys spend 16 hrs\ 7 days a week doing it? I would suggest that this is an indication of the disconnect. Not to be mean, but they clearly have no life at that point. Just seems to me that this is the rabbithole we need to explore, if nothing else as a means to identify these misfits. Could change thier lives while saving others?

#30 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

Ever listen/watch a drug commercial?  They are sometimes worse than those radio car ads that have the lightning speed reader rattling off qualifications.  Drug companies put those potential side effects for liability sake.  Chantix...the smoking cessation drug is to blame for people going crazy too...nevermind the fact the addictive nature of the patient with/without the drug might be an issue. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com