#106 CarolinaNut

CarolinaNut

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

should Rivera be retained? NO

will rivera be retained? unfortunately, i think so

i hope JR looks at the big picture when it comes to Rivera's tenure and not just these last few meaningless games...when the pressure is on and the lights are bright he has failed time and time again...Rivera isn't the guy...let's go ahead and move forward

#107 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Doc Holiday falling into the "what have you done for me lately" trap.

Let me know when a Rivera led team wins a meaningful football team. Hell, let me know when a Rivera led team is simply playing in a meaningful football game. We're already out of the picture and afterthoughts before a meaningful game takes place.

How about have you ever done anything? I like that one much better, wins the argument more directly

We are talking about how the team is Coached defensively. this is the argument, and I'm winning easily.

#108 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

How about have you ever done anything? I like that one much better, wins the argument more directly

We are talking about how the team is Coached defensively. this is the argument, and I'm winning easily.

You seem to be the only one thinking that.

#109 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

LOL!

Yep, the person who starts slinging personal attacks is usually "winning" the argument.

I love the internet.

#110 SteelSix

SteelSix

Born a moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

RR is as done as yesterdays newspaper.

#111 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Remind me. Who did that team that's already thinking about the offseason play last week?

The Panthers beat the Falcons. The Falcons completely slept on the Panthers last week. They thought it would be easy and they felt like they could just squeak by. If anything that loss help the Falcons who blew the Giants out today and that is the same Giants team we couldn't even get pass the 30yd line that game. These two wins means absolutely nothing. If JR retains Rivera it would be a huge mistake. I'm telling you guys Rivera is Norv 2.0.

#112 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

I don't have a doubt in my mind that we would be preparing for the playoffs right now had our offensive coaching been even average at the beginning of the year.

Ron has shown he can run a defense and manage defensive coaches. He has not shown he can manage Chud or the offensive side of the ball, and yes, that is part of his job description too.

#113 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,641 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Based on the way this team is coming together and playing for him right now, he should be.

#114 tight lines

tight lines

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

if by rivera will be back next year, you mean back in san diego then I hope you are right.

#115 heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

I can't believe some of the people defending Rivera. This is one reason why I hate these trademark late-season runs we go on... it gives people a false image of things. The fact that we've won three of the last four does not change all of our close losses. Ron Rivera is a good guy, but he cannot coach in close games. And that's why we're once again not playing at all in January rather than making the playoffs for the second straight year for the first time ever. The close losses are literally the only thing keeping us from the playoffs.

#116 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,697 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Not sure about the rest of you ,but I'm tired of seeing the Panthers padding their record with meaningless wins once they are out of contention for the playoffs year after year. We should have just kept Coach Fox if that is all it takes to satisfy us as fans.

It would be a mistake for this organization to decide Ron's fate purely on the outcome of the last half of this season. He is on the hot seat because of two losing seasons and a lot of questionable decisions. That reality should be taken into account by the new GM when searching for a possible Head Coach replacement.

Ron should only retain his position if there are no clearly superior coaching alternatives available.

#117 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

I for one am eagerly anticipating next season when Rivera randomly switches to the Wildcat as our base offensive set until week 8.

#118 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

You seem to be the only one thinking that.

I didn't realize that it was by popular opinion and not facts?

A lot of people don't want to give Rivera any credit because they are butt hurt over how the season has gone on, yourself included.

and I understand I've been there too.

I've just seen enough bad seasons that it doesn't bother me anymore, and you can say what you will about that but I don't get caught in the emotion of it anymore and I just take things for what they are, no more or less.

it's like the 1-12 argument.

reality is the argument is it's crap, but the wins and losses are fact. the biggest issues with this team has been know since week 1, O-line and DB's (mostly the DB's)and they are still the issue, when you go by the book situational play calling for both teams at the end of the game there is your answer.

now has Coaching been perfect? nope, but they haven't been horrible either.

I think overall the Coaches have done a Decent Job.

With all this said I'd be in Favor of replacing Rivera if a clear cut better option like Andy Reid is available and willing to come to Charlotte. but honesty if we are going to just get someone new and Unproven as a head coach in the NFL again I'd just rather give Rivera another year to work things out, because honestly outside of Reid there really isn't anyone that I find even remotely exciting.

#119 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

LOL!

Yep, the person who starts slinging personal attacks is usually "winning" the argument.

I love the internet.

Go back and read my first post, I never started to argue with him, he did that.

I just said it was funny, and it still is.

#120 ForMac

ForMac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

Ever hear of a 3 year plan, and if there is progress from each season you retain the staff with a few tinkers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.