Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam has taken the next step

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Truth.

Posted

When he passes I expect a completion now, before I feared for an interception.

Posted

What I love is even though he is playing "smarter" in those pressure situations, he still stays aggressive. It would have been easy to throw it short of the goal line on that last drive after that penalty, but he just kept plugging at the endzone. Now, that one to Smitty where he had Lafell, his aggression may have gotten the best of him and wanting to put the game on ice with another TD, but I'm OK with that. As long as he can maintain this play and continuously improve some facet of his game, we will be set for years to come.

Posted

he is playing smarter, the o line is not helping him at all

Posted

The staff is coaching with more confidence too. Running a 2 minute drill? Madness!

Posted

He's gonna improve, and he's gonna be a great QB for years.

Posted

No next step. He was an animal last year. he's still an animal. Just confirmation, no next step.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is a side note...i'm reading this thread and I look up to see the football score. Verizon has a Microsoft HTC 8x commercial on..Who should be one of the pictures in the phone, none other than your QB. I literally had to take a double take tomake sure. too funny.

Didn't know Cam had a Microsoft HTC deal...Low and below, yes he does...http://wmpoweruser.com/microsoft-gets-cam-newton-on-board-for-htc-8x-promotion/

Back to the regular schedule comments.

Posted

There is a huge difference over the last 6 games. It's so obvious. Everytime he is rushed he now checks down. he knows when it's coming and knows how to get rid of the ball. He's been playing like a top 10 QB for several weeks now.

Was just thinking the same thing. Looks like the game slowed down for him again.

Posted

I love it! Skies the limit folks

Posted

The big plays have always been there. What's been missing has been consistency.

Today, he's been a lot more consistent. That's what I've been hoping for.

Would feel a little better if it were against a better team, but I'll take what we get.