Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KJ89

Deangelo Williams

34 posts in this topic

He is still a diminishing player and can be replaced for cheaper. I do think id rather see a more 1 back system where the main hb gets a majority of the touches to get a rhythm.

He had 93 yards. C'mon, could have given him one more carry.

I wish it didn't take J getting hurt for this to happen, but I'm so happy that D is getting to silence all of the haters. I don't know why people were saying he's a has-been. He's been playing for coaches that don't know how to use him, that's what's been wrong. D has still got it.

We've hated on every single one of our players.

Cam

Luke

Dwill

Gross

Gamble

Smith

They always come back an shut everyone up.

2 people like this

I've been reading all year how he doesn't fit our system, how he can't catch passes, etc. etc. etc.

The fact is he is still our best back from an all around standpoint. That doesn't mean he has to stay as that contract (and Stew's too) is a big problem. On the field though, he can get the job done.

Double trouble and the litle fat man can play, can block, can catch and can even jump.

GO PANTHERS !

Chud has finally been coordinating without his head up his ass the past two weeks. He's slowed the game down with the running game and shorter passes.

Deangelo has been reaping the benefits, along with Tolbert to a certain extent. Should be interesting to see how Stewart will integrate when he gets back.

and [quote name='Marguide' timestamp='1355710672' post='204975\

5']

I've been reading all year how he doesn't fit our system, how he can't catch passes, etc. etc. etc.

The fact is he is still our best back from an all around standpoint. That doesn't mean he has to stay as that contract (and Stew's too) is a big problem. On the field though, he can get the job done.

We should keep Dwill around with Stewart. Can't forget about double trouble.

• Topics

• You miss the point. Taylor was here before. We picked him because of what he could do for our wide receivers not because he had some great knowledge no other person had on the staff. Shula and Rivera and Gettleman studied multiple college systems for months before signing Taylor or drafting McCaffrey or Curtis and would have drafted the same whether Taylor was here or not. They liked the way Taylor developed McCaffrey which showed his talent but Stanford's offense wasn't Taylors idea or unique to him. Shula has a connection to Taylor as early as when Shula was at Alabama.  The debate was whether Taylor was chosen to replace Shula because Shula didn't know what to do to run a college offense and if he screwed up Taylor would replace him. And that Taylor was the reason and most influential in getting McCaffrey. I said it wasn't even close to the truth and this plan predated Taylor and was more thorough and we'll thought out. Everything since then just confirms I was right once again like usual.  
    • Assholes should've never taken it away in the first place.  Me and a couple buddies had a hookup and were all hyped up and planned out going to it... then the NBA had to get all political and take it out on the city of Charlotte and the fans -- which made no fuging sense.  Seriously doubt we'll even get the chance to go again.
    • 6'6" 255.  He'll definitely have some good mentors with JP, CJ and the rest of the D-Line crew. 255 he'll need to put some weight on don't you think?