33 replies to this topic

#16 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

I've been reading all year how he doesn't fit our system, how he can't catch passes, etc. etc. etc.

The fact is he is still our best back from an all around standpoint. That doesn't mean he has to stay as that contract (and Stew's too) is a big problem. On the field though, he can get the job done.

#17 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Double trouble and the litle fat man can play, can block, can catch and can even jump.
GO PANTHERS !

#18 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• ALL-PRO
  • 824 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

Chud has finally been coordinating without his head up his ass the past two weeks. He's slowed the game down with the running game and shorter passes.

Deangelo has been reaping the benefits, along with Tolbert to a certain extent. Should be interesting to see how Stewart will integrate when he gets back.

#19 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

and

I've been reading all year how he doesn't fit our system, how he can't catch passes, etc. etc. etc.

The fact is he is still our best back from an all around standpoint. That doesn't mean he has to stay as that contract (and Stew's too) is a big problem. On the field though, he can get the job done.

I hope he restructures. Stewart and Tolbert are basically the same back. Deangelo is a gamebreaker. That's why giving Stew the contract made no sense once we brought Tolbert in. I'm really hoping we bring the zone blocking running game back(HC Rick Dennison?) and let our backs dominate again. The Redskins running game is what is helping Rg3 (and Cousins) so much. If we can stick a dominant run game on the field with Cam's big play ability it is game over.

#20 snowmanss1

snowmanss1

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

We should keep Dwill around with Stewart. Can't forget about double trouble.

#21 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,683 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

People are going to skewer me for it probably - but if I had my choice we keep a restructured DWill and Tolbert with Stewart as the odd man out.

I feel like a backfield with Tolbert / DWill is more dynamic and can break a game open more quickly. Plus Stewart, for all his undeniable toughness, seems to have a lot of trouble with his wheels. He's younger but I think DWill can be more productive for a longer period...especially with his relatively low mileage b/c of splitting carries.

#22 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Stewart's a beast but I've always thought Dwill was our better back. Given the choice, I'd choose him over Stewart as well

#23 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,244 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

I've always liked D Will and he's the most reliable back we have. But I would like to see Armond Smith get some carries.

#24 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

I've always liked D Will and he's the most reliable back we have. But I would like to see Armond Smith get some carries.

Yeah me too. He got like one yesterday. First time I've seen him.

#25 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,484 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

We need to keep only one back and ride them for most of the game. Have Tolbert be the backup but we cannot keep all 3, nor does it make sense to.

#26 ncsfinest

ncsfinest

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Honestly get rid of tolbert. and get a real FB. J stew and D lo has been our backs dlo speed back and jstew power back. Tolbert is a beast no doubt but he is older and on the downside of his career.

#27 Shaqil915

Shaqil915

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

DWill better then Stew? Lol?

I know he's been running harder recently but really? This is like all the "Bring Rivera back" reactions we've had on the forums recently because we've finally won 2 in a row. Watching DWill run the ball earlier this year was absolutely cringe worthy at times. I mean, Deangelo is not bad by any means but he's NOT a better overall back then Stewart.

The only reason I'd even consider taking Deangelo over Stew is because Stew seems to be more injury prone.

#28 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Honestly get rid of tolbert. and get a real FB. J stew and D lo has been our backs dlo speed back and jstew power back. Tolbert is a beast no doubt but he is older and on the downside of his career.

You'd have to have a considerably better fullback in mind, which you don't, that's even remotely possible to obtain for me to even begin to take that post seriously.

I love Tolbert and I think he fits our offense perfectly.

#29 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

deangelo was held back in my opinion to keep him from receiving those perks and bonuses after he hits certain milestones.

#30 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Tolbert is a beast no doubt but he is older and on the downside of his career.

Tolbert is 27 years old.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com