Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No "Killer Instinct"

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Shut up. We just ate like 8 minutes off the clock .That's how you win games. You don't have to run up the score when clearly the opponent has no chance of winning.

thx for chiming in Cletus

.. if you could read .. you would see I noticed they started running down the clock early in the 3rd

wanna know a better way to ensure you win? SCORE!

we play like we're trying to "escape" with a win .. no matter how bad Rivers is playing .. he can quickly put up 21 points on any team

but I guess you think those 7 games we lost by 7 points or less we played with killer instinct and just happen to lose?

Posted

.. if you could read .. you would see I noticed they started running down the clock early in the 3rd

we play like we're trying to "escape" with a win .. no matter how bad Rivers is playing .. he can quickly put up 21 points on any team

It's a good thing we were up 24 points then yeah?

What we were doing was working. If we were going 3 and out for 3-4 possessions you would have a point, but we were moving the ball.

It doesn't matter what we should have done in some other potential scenario where we weren't moving the ball, because we were.

Posted

but I guess you think those 7 games we lost by 7 points or less we played with killer instinct and just happen to lose?

Just when you think you have foubd the worst and most ridiculous poster....along come someone like you. Way to lower the bar even further.

Up 31-7 in the 4th you pound the rock and run out the clock. We were eating time in huge chunks.

Please stay with Madden...as it is clearly apparent that is where you learned about the game of football.

2 people like this

Posted

It's a good thing we were up 24 points then yeah?

What we were doing was working. If we were going 3 and out for 3-4 possessions you would have a point, but we were moving the ball.

Am I the only one who watched the game????

After our TD drive with our first possession of the 3rd .. we went .. 3 and out - 4 plays fumble - 3 and out .. before FINALLY closing it out near the end .. we were playing SO SOFT

how about not changing the game plan until at least the 4th .. we've made that mistake too many times IMO

Posted

Just when you think you have foubd the worst and most ridiculous poster....along come someone like you. Way to lower the bar even further.

Up 31-7 in the 4th you pound the rock and run out the clock. We were eating time in huge chunks.

Please stay with Madden...as it is clearly apparent that is where you learned about the game of football.

did you read any of this thread? wow .. you're such an Internet stud

After our TD in the 3rd .. and before our final possession in the 4th .. we ran a whole 5:51 off the clock with 3 possessions .. way to "pound the rock" lol

Posted

Am I the only one who watched the game????

After our TD drive with our first possession of the 3rd .. we went .. 3 and out - 4 plays fumble - 3 and out .. before FINALLY closing it out near the end .. we were playing SO SOFT

how about not changing the game plan until at least the 4th .. we've made that mistake too many times IMO

Get aggressive, get a pick 6 or another fumble? No, when you have 10pt or more lead in mid to late in the 4th quarter...the defense has to step its game. It would be nice to have the offense execute flawlessly to chew tons of time off the clock, but even Brady and Manning throw picks....the term SOFT should be associated with the defense late in the game, not the offense.

Posted

They're making first downs running. Why not keep it up?

Add in that we're taking lots of time off the clock.

A lot of people on here have no clue about situational play calling and how it impacts the game, I constantly feel like I'm talking to a bunch of air heads whenever I do trouble myself to explain it to them.

-_-

Posted

It's called Respect for an opponent. Especially with all the ties between both organizations.

Why can't they respect them before and after the game?

Posted

We just beat a team by 4 scores...and someone is still complaining about our effort. Geez...

3 people like this

Posted

good overall criticism of rivera, but it doesn't apply to this game. pounding the rock worked all four quarters (for once) and as others have noted newton looked a little shaky after that shot to the knee. running the ball is ultimately how we won this football game.

1 person likes this

Posted

running the ball is ultimately how we won this football game.

You know, the opponent's defense does has something to say about how our offense plays out the game. I'd be surprised if that wasn't true in Madden as well as the real world.

Posted

It's called Respect for an opponent. Especially with all the ties between both organizations.

no disrespect, or maybe completely. but fug that, this is a man's league.. not some bullshit award given to everyone who participates.. there is no excuse. at all..

21 points scored in the 1st quarter.. how many games has this team lost at the end?