24 replies to this topic

#1 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

Is it just me or has he been really, really impressive these last two games??

Not only has he been strong in coverage but he is stepping in and making some plays against the run and on screen plays.

I re-watched the Atlanta game and really keyed in on him and really like what I saw. He did get juked out of his shoes one time, and there was some confusion with him, Davis, and Captain on the Roddy White TD, but I am not sure whose fault that was. But he also made several really great plays and was good in coverage

But I like this guy. Could be a steal for a 7th round pick.

Maybe some guys that are smarter than me about the defensive side of the ball can chime in and tell me if I am wrong or missing something; or if this guy is going to be a player.

#2 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,568 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Got beat by Gates for the TD, other than that he's been stellar.

#3 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,171 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

There wasn't much he could do on that throw.

#4 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,568 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

There wasn't much he could do on that throw.

Nope, perfect throw to a likely HoF TE with a huge lead. I just pointed it out, not saying its really a knock.

#5 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,989 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

I like the kid. Im very impressed as well. I could easily see him walking into next season the starter. As far as the gates td goes....i mean come on its gates. He was due one sooner or later against the rookie.

#6 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

That was him?? I usually watch the games twice the first time as a fan, the second time to actually pay attention to who is doing what.

But that TD was also a great throw and catch that almost wasn't a catch. I'm not sure anyone would have been able to defend that the way the ball was thrown and Gates going all Gates on it.

edit: I see some of you guys beat me to the punch :)

#7 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,327 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

It's easy to look good when your defensive front is constantly hitting the QB.

#8 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

He's been a pleasant surprise so far. Very impressive from a 7th round pick up. We'll see what he's truly made of when the team rolls into NOLA in two weeks.

#9 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

It's easy to look good when your defensive front is constantly hitting the QB.

That is true but he has also been making plays in the run game, screen game, and in coverage

#10 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• HUDDLER
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

It also helped Gates when his team disguised the pick better than ours did - made Campbell run around the other WR, creating just enough separation. It was a really good play.

Unlike the Murphy pick where he runs right into the defender and tries to push him into the other DB

#11 Cam2Ligit2Quit

Cam2Ligit2Quit

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

Is it just me or has he been really, really impressive these last two games??

Not only has he been strong in coverage but he is stepping in and making some plays against the run and on screen plays.

I re-watched the Atlanta game and really keyed in on him and really like what I saw. He did get juked out of his shoes one time, and there was some confusion with him, Davis, and Captain on the Roddy White TD, but I am not sure whose fault that was. But he also made several really great plays and was good in coverage

But I like this guy. Could be a steal for a 7th round pick.

Maybe some guys that are smarter than me about the defensive side of the ball can chime in and tell me if I am wrong or missing something; or if this guy is going to be a player.

I like him better than nakamara. At least he can run and backpedal instead of being 30yards deep and can't back peddle fast enough to breakup a 4th down pass

#12 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

I like him better than nakamara. At least he can run and backpedal instead of being 30yards deep and can't back peddle fast enough to breakup a 4th down pass

He's playing strong safety, not free, so he really doesn't have the same responsibilities as Nakamura.

But yeah, I really like what he's done on the field. Plus, he's a very smart guy and that's always a plus. Did Godfrey play FS today? I didn't hear his name called once.

#13 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

What I like from DJ is that I am seeing him pick up keys in formation and alignment and make secondary adjustments to them. He's done the film work all year long, and he's stepped in and been the best Safety on the field.

#14 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

If he can step in that will really up us come draft time. We can use a pick on another need instead of safety

#15 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,697 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

I like what I saw from the cat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.