Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about media streaming devices

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Is there a difference besides price? am looking at roku (wifi), but can get D link for less. There is also a google TV device. (And many others) Anyone know how they differ?

Posted · Report post

we plan on getting the roku for our boys room. last time i looked i was 49 with wifi. i cant speak on the other devices but theroku has lots and lots of free content.

Posted · Report post

My brother has a roku and likes it. I'm curious to see the responses to your question LP, I've been thinking about going that route as well.

Posted · Report post

I think offered 'apps' is about the only difference besides price. Now damn near every new TV, BluRay, etc has a network connection to directly stream NetFlix, Hulu, Vudu & more, basically an internal Roku. I do not know the cost of a Roku box as opposed to a Samsung or Sharp BDP that has the same features built-in.

Wired.com reviewed 4 streaming boxes.... Might give you better info than I can...

Posted · Report post

I have a Roku 2....it's ok. Crackle, Netflix, Amazon are all meh as far the movie choices they offer. I could see myself canceling my $150 cable bill and just installing digi sats and using Roku's

If/when HBO ever offers ala carte HBO Go then I will enjoy it

Posted · Report post

Just ordered the roku lt via amazon for 39.99, free shipping.

Posted · Report post

I <3 my Google TV.