Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Floppin's Sandy Hook Thread - You knew it was coming.

• Please log in to reply
401 replies to this topic

#241 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,570 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

to be clear, i don't think there's anything wrong with any of that

that being said, every mass murder/terrorist attack/whatever is going to lead to conflicting reports and conflicting eyewitness accounts, neither of which is some sort of smoking gun or even particularly relevant in the grand scheme

That's also one of the things that fuels these types of fires. People are always going to accuse the official story of being manufactured to explain away those inconvenient things that they didn't want getting out that did.

For everything that you want to explain away as bad eyewitness accounts, other people aren't so readily able to just shrug it off the shoulders.

It's just the nature of the beast.

#242 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,570 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

But to be more clear, having you tell me that all the inconsistencies are just "bad reporting" or "bad eyewitnesses" doesn't really mean anything.

Because that's just you filling in the narrative how you want to, for yourself. I'm going to need a little more proof than you just wanting to believe that these things that people said that they saw, didn't actually happen.

#243 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

no, the poor quality of eyewitnesses has been studied. witnesses in high stress environments are p unreliable. yes, there's always a chance that they could be right on the money this time, but it's not particularly reasonable to ask why no one's following up on them, since it requires that we first know that their reports weren't investigated (something we do not know)

#244 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,570 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

no, the poor quality of eyewitnesses has been studied. witnesses in high stress environments are p unreliable. yes, there's always a chance that they could be right on the money this time, but it's not particularly reasonable to ask why no one's following up on them, since it requires that we first know that their reports weren't investigated (something we do not know)

Indeed. But we aren't talking about one individual report. We are talking about multiple corroborating reports. The more times that the same thing is reported as seen by different people, the greater the odds that it's a factual event.

I have little doubt that they were followed up on. I want to know the results. I want to know what happened to the guy that was handcuffed and drug off. Unless you want to tell me that that didn't really happen, despite all the evidence to the contrary. These are just a few of the questions, as many others have been covered in this thread.

#245 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,570 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

It's also a logical fallacy to dismiss something such as eyewitness testimony out of hand because prior testimony by other people at completely different events has turned out to be faulty.

It's very similar to attacking the messenger.

#246 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

It's also a logical fallacy to dismiss something such as eyewitness testimony out of hand because prior testimony by other people at completely different events has turned out to be faulty.

Especially when the eyewitness accounts are provided so quickly.

#247 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,476 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

But to be more clear, having you tell me that all the inconsistencies are just "bad reporting" or "bad eyewitnesses" doesn't really mean anything.

Because that's just you filling in the narrative how you want to, for yourself. I'm going to need a little more proof than you just wanting to believe that these things that people said that they saw, didn't actually happen.

and since you don't have that proof, you'll go ahead and believe the conspiracy theories?

it's not like you're filling in your own narrative or anything.

#248 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,849 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

so where are we on the 2nd shooter? did he exist or not? and msm links that clear this out or are there still loose ends on him?

#249 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,838 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

so where are we on the 2nd shooter? did he exist or not? and msm links that clear this out or are there still loose ends on him?

Nothing that I've seen has made any other mention of him.

#250 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

i very clearly said that the witnesses could have been "on the money"

what you are doing is very similar to attacking a straw man

#251 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

stfu. no one cares. and take your pedo pawpaw with you

Is that all you got? Typical liberal leaning back on the insults.

#252 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

bc your MawMaw is the 80 year old version of Cytherea?

Did I strike a nerve big boy? I feel hate.

#253 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

I love fuging with you poons.

#254 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

I know that this is a probably a worthless 2nd hand anecdote, but I'll said at the beginning of the original thread: my aunt lives in Newtown and her neighbor was in a meeting with the principal, the school psychologist, and another teacher when Adam came in and shot the principal and psychologist (teacher got wounded in the foot, but the neighbor escaped). She said that there was only one shooter so uh take it for what you will.

I really don't see the point in concealing this mysterious second shooter. I also really don't see the whole endgame for this supposed "lets shoot up schools and theaters and then put in secret messages in batman movies" plan. The media fugs up all the time with breaking news such as this. (Obamacare being passed, Gabrielle Gifford shooting, etc) which is probably why I can't even stand to watch it even during the biggest events anymore.

#255 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,570 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

and since you don't have that proof, you'll go ahead and believe the conspiracy theories?

it's not like you're filling in your own narrative or anything.

Again, I've never said that I believe anything, one way or another.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com