Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Floppin's Sandy Hook Thread - You knew it was coming.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
401 replies to this topic

#265 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

Looked like a semi automatic shotgun to me

Could be. Can't tell viewing on an ipad. We're any rounds being ejected? I didn't notice a magazine either. Was there one?

#266 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

Watched it again a few times. One round appears to eject forward of the bolt. Didn't notice a mag but there did appear to be a butt stock shell holder on the weapon. Does anyone else see that?

#267 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

They said one ejected. Did not look like a bolt action in the quick blurb but the ejection lever to the semi auto shotgun. Dark, quick, so not certain

#268 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

The parents weren't actually allowed to see their deceased children. The positive ID's were done with photo's and descriptions. Is that normal procedure?

Parents who found their children were instructed to stand against the wall and allow officials to take a head count. By noon most families had left with their children.

Parents who could not find their children were rushed into a separate room where clergy members and grief counselors were waiting.

“There were twenty children that were deceased and six teachers that were deceased. We had to positively identify these people,” explained Connecticut State Police LT. J. Paul Vance.
Some parents waited hours, holding out hope that their son or daughter had survived.
Police used photographic evidence and descriptions to identify victims. As victims were identified, the news was broken to grief-stricken parents.
“A trooper and a counselor and clergy were present when that final determination was made that the positive identification had been made,” said LT Vance.

http://newyork.cbslo...chool-shooting/

#269 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

The parents weren't actually allowed to see their deceased children. The positive ID's were done with photo's and descriptions. Is that normal procedure?

http://newyork.cbslo...chool-shooting/

Probably not, but this wasn't really a normal situation either... sounds like the authorities at least tried to handle it as delicately as possible, but that's a horrible, horrible situation for all those parents.

I can't imagine having to stand there waiting to find out if your child is dead or alive.

Again, this is what pisses me off about the media... all of the news channels are doing it... showing those poor people crying right after this thing happened. The horror of this situation was bad enough, but the agony of not knowing for so long if your child was killed is just beyond words.

#270 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

The gun in the trunk actually looks like a Beretta AR70, or a similar assault rifle... It looks like he removes the magazine and tosses it forward into the trunk, racks the bolt to eject the chambered cartridge, and then just continues examining it... He's holding it by the pistol grip...

#271 Tarheel31

Tarheel31

cynical pessimist

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

its certainly not an AR15 because the actual bolt has a hook on it. I would guess semi auto shotgun.

AR15 has a charging handle in the back above the stock.

#272 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

It's a semi-auto rifle with a magazine. The barrel is too small to be a shotty, and the the round ejected had the metallic reflection of a cartridge, not a shell...

#273 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Hey Floppin... Facebook is banning users over this subject now apparently...

http://www.infowars....ve-on-shooting/

...and I found this part particularly laughable:

In September 2011, Infowars reporter Darrin McBreen was told by Facebook staff not to voice his political opinion on the social networking website.

Responding to comments McBreen had made about off-grid preppers being treated as criminals, the “Facebook Team” wrote, “Be careful making about making political statements on facebook,” adding, “Facebook is about building relationships not a platform for your political viewpoint. Don’t antagonize your base. Be careful and congnizat (sic) of what you are preaching.”

That's about 85% of what my Facebook news feed is... political stuff from pretty much everyone on there, left, right and middle.

#274 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

I read that earlier but people don't take infowars seriously so I didn't share it.

#275 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

I read that earlier but people don't take infowars seriously so I didn't share it.

Here's the original article...

http://www.secretsof...ount-of-events/

I suppose the guy could be lying just to stir it up... who knows? I wouldn't put anything past Facebook however.

#276 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

its certainly not an AR15 because the actual bolt has a hook on it. I would guess semi auto shotgun.

AR15 has a charging handle in the back above the stock.

Looks like a full length saiga 12 to me, with pistol grip.