Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Floppin's Sandy Hook Thread - You knew it was coming.

• Please log in to reply
401 replies to this topic

#261 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationGitmo
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

Video isn't showing up for me. All I see is a blank white square

Now it's saying its unavailable. Must have been pulled. The video shows several cops standing around the trunk of the vehicle at night. Why at night I do not know. The shooting happened at 930 or so. I wouldn't think they would have waited 8+ hours to search the vehicle. The pull a long gun out, one officer racks the bolt several times and just stares at it.

#262 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

So watch this closely. Remember that there's a dead shooter, there was a guy pulled out of the woods, and there's someone that the police had pinned down on the ground right outside the school. That makes three people.

#263 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

Now it's saying its unavailable. Must have been pulled. The video shows several cops standing around the trunk of the vehicle at night. Why at night I do not know. The shooting happened at 930 or so. I wouldn't think they would have waited 8+ hours to search the vehicle. The pull a long gun out, one officer racks the bolt several times and just stares at it.

That video was in my OP. The one in the OP still works also.

#264 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

Looked like a semi automatic shotgun to me

#265 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• LocationGitmo
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

Looked like a semi automatic shotgun to me

Could be. Can't tell viewing on an ipad. We're any rounds being ejected? I didn't notice a magazine either. Was there one?

#266 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• LocationGitmo
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

Watched it again a few times. One round appears to eject forward of the bolt. Didn't notice a mag but there did appear to be a butt stock shell holder on the weapon. Does anyone else see that?

#267 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

They said one ejected. Did not look like a bolt action in the quick blurb but the ejection lever to the semi auto shotgun. Dark, quick, so not certain

#268 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

The parents weren't actually allowed to see their deceased children. The positive ID's were done with photo's and descriptions. Is that normal procedure?

Parents who found their children were instructed to stand against the wall and allow officials to take a head count. By noon most families had left with their children.

Parents who could not find their children were rushed into a separate room where clergy members and grief counselors were waiting.

“There were twenty children that were deceased and six teachers that were deceased. We had to positively identify these people,” explained Connecticut State Police LT. J. Paul Vance.
Some parents waited hours, holding out hope that their son or daughter had survived.
Police used photographic evidence and descriptions to identify victims. As victims were identified, the news was broken to grief-stricken parents.
“A trooper and a counselor and clergy were present when that final determination was made that the positive identification had been made,” said LT Vance.

http://newyork.cbslo...chool-shooting/

#269 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

The parents weren't actually allowed to see their deceased children. The positive ID's were done with photo's and descriptions. Is that normal procedure?

http://newyork.cbslo...chool-shooting/

Probably not, but this wasn't really a normal situation either... sounds like the authorities at least tried to handle it as delicately as possible, but that's a horrible, horrible situation for all those parents.

I can't imagine having to stand there waiting to find out if your child is dead or alive.

Again, this is what pisses me off about the media... all of the news channels are doing it... showing those poor people crying right after this thing happened. The horror of this situation was bad enough, but the agony of not knowing for so long if your child was killed is just beyond words.

#270 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

The gun in the trunk actually looks like a Beretta AR70, or a similar assault rifle... It looks like he removes the magazine and tosses it forward into the trunk, racks the bolt to eject the chambered cartridge, and then just continues examining it... He's holding it by the pistol grip...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users