Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Floppin's Sandy Hook Thread - You knew it was coming.

• Please log in to reply
401 replies to this topic

#106 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,967 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

I'm generally not into this kind of stuff, but I have to admit that that it is very freaky.

#107 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Wow.

When I first came across the screenshot, I literally got chills. Then for him to actually point to it in the movie. Just way too creepy.

I just don't know why people keep refusing to connect the dots despite the picture already being so defined.

As I said earlier, we have two sides of the story - the objective, questioning side and the media's side. The truth is somewhere in between (but closer to our side).

When you also think about the controversy regarding The Dark Knight Rises before it was even released and how some questioned if it was propaganda or had some underlying purpose. I think that rumor came from someone who is usually laughed at and it was shrugged off as nonsense.

Then it's released... The Aurora shooting, Sandy Hook is referenced in that movie, and then the Sandy Hook shooting happens. Just way too much going on to ignore it.

#108 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,764 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Wow.

When I first came across the screenshot, I literally got chills. Then for him to actually point to it in the movie. Just way too creepy.

I just don't know why people keep refusing to connect the dots despite the picture already being so defined.

As I said earlier, we have two sides of the story - the objective, questioning side and the media's side. The truth is somewhere in between (but closer to our side).

When you also think about the controversy regarding The Dark Knight Rises before it was even released and how some questioned if it was propaganda or had some underlying purpose. I think that rumor came from someone who is usually laughed at and it was shrugged off as nonsense.

Then it's released... The Aurora shooting, Sandy Hook is referenced in that movie, and then the Sandy Hook shooting happens. Just way too much going on to ignore it.

Perhaps people want so badly to connect the dots......

someone should repost Umbrella Man

#109 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,967 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Isn't it also possible that this kid in CT saw that in the movie and decided to use it to freak people out?

Somebody found that reference... maybe he did too before the shooting.

#110 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Perhaps people want so badly to connect the dots......

someone should repost Umbrella Man

Could be, but where there is smoke there is fire, more often than not. You don't find all of these things to be correlating with one another Panthro? You really think every single item shared in this thread is pure, unrelated coincidence?

I've seen plenty of crap that I think is just that, crap... Movies, music, etc. Some people really reach... But, then there are things that are completely reasonable to trust, or at least when presented it makes you question your position.

#111 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,764 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

http://www.psycholog...piracy-theories

Melley proposes that conspiracy thinking arises from a combination of two factors, when someone: 1) holds strong individualist values and 2) lacks a sense of control. The first attribute refers to people who care deeply about an individual's right to make their own choices and direct their own lives without interference or obligations to a larger system (like the government). But combine this with a sense of powerlessness in one's own life, and you get what Melley calls agency panic, "intense anxiety about an apparent loss of autonomy" to outside forces or regulators.

When fervent individualists feel that they cannot exercise their independence, they experience a crisis and assume that larger forces are to blame for usurping this freedom. "For one who refuses to relinquish the assumptions of liberal individualism, such newly revealed forms of regulation frequently seem so unacceptable or unbelievable that they can only be met with anxiety, melodrama, or panic."

#112 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Isn't it also possible that this kid in CT saw that in the movie and decided to use it to freak people out?

Somebody found that reference... maybe he did too before the shooting.

This kid just so happened to live there virtually his entire life and attended (now reported as only high school) school at Sandy Hook. Unless he thought the movie was telling him to do it, that's just way too much coincidence. It's not like he picked the area he lived in.

#113 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

http://www.psycholog...piracy-theories

Quacktalk.

What is the difference between that description and borderline paranoid schizos? LOL.

There isn't a fast and hard rule or description for anything.

I can see the first characteristic, but not the second one. And again, there is a difference between being a conspiracy theorist and being someone who objectively seeks the truth. Whether they find the truth or not is irrelevant.

#114 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,967 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

This kid just so happened to live there virtually his entire life and attended (now reported as only he high school) school at Sandy Hook. Unless he thought the movie was telling him to do it, that's just way too much coincidence. It's not like he picked the area he lived in.

Come on now man... all this other stuff is fine, but that one thing is just way too much of a coincidence???

#115 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

CNN just had a friend of the family/mother on and he said the tragedy is so much more puzzling because what he hasn't heard reported anywhere was that Adam Lanza was an organic vegan, a decision he made on his own, because he didn't want to feel like "another living thing had to die so that he could live."

#116 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

Come on now man... all this other stuff is fine, but that one thing is just way too much of a coincidence???

I'm sorry biscuit, I'm not clear on what you're saying. Are you being sarcastic?

#117 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,967 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

I'm sorry biscuit, I'm not clear on what you're saying. Are you being sarcastic?

A little but not really.... my question is, all this other conspiracy stuff you're cool with, but it's out of the realm of possibility for you that this kid saw that in the movie and said "hey, I think I'll use that..."?

I don't think that's true either, but I think it's just as plausible as anything else brought up in this thread.

As a matter of fact, I think that that is a lot more plausible than 'Dark Knight Rises' telling the future or being used as a "warning" to someone...

#118 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,764 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

#119 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,869 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

but usually it's a penis

#120 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

A little but not really.... my question is, all this other conspiracy stuff you're cool with, but it's out of the realm of possibility for you that this kid saw that in the movie and said "hey, I think I'll use that..."?

I don't think that's true either, but I think it's just as plausible as anything else brought up in this thread.

As a matter of fact, I think that that is a lot more plausible than 'Dark Knight Rises' telling the future or being used as a "warning" to someone...

Oh okay... I don't know man. I'm just saying, he lived there his whole life and nothing ever moved him to do it before.

It's possible, but then you have to consider that the movie also has the "Aurora" reference in it. If we're going with this underlying purpose angle, you have to consider all of the events together... The bank/libor connections of the shooters, the references in the movie followed by the tragedies at locations referenced in the movie, the rumors coming out before it was released that it was propaganda, etc. Additionally, all of the actual news coming out of the tragedy (second shooter/suspect, was the mom a teacher or not and does anyone even know what she really did, etc.)... That's why I question the narrative the media is telling.

I haven't drawn any conclusions, I'm just asking questions and all of these things suggest to me that I'm right in asking them...

You could be right or all of us could be reaching to "connect the dots," and all of these things are unbelievably all unrelated coincidence.

I don't know the answers, I'm just looking for them. To me, all things are on the table until proven false.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com