Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herbert The Love Bug

Ron Rivera Should be Given a 3rd Year

63 posts in this topic

eventually you will get promoted enough times to know what you're talking about when it comes to football

I can only hope.

Any who, I'm game for one more year, if it sucks; then it sucks lol.

Any who, I'm game for one more year, if it sucks; then it sucks lol.

great outlook/advice

Well that's pretty much how it is every year for a Panthers fan.

This fan base just fiercely clings to the mediocrity it has become used to witnessing for so long.

Two consecutive wins since what, December last year? Now we are practically building Rivera a statue.

Only if John Kasay gets one first.

Anyways, it would be quite funny if the Panthers gave Rivera one more year then he led us to the Super Bowl lol. Oh the crow that would be eaten.

First Ron would have to learn how to not get out coached in the fourth quarter of every close game.

I think Ron just might have "it" but Chud's gotta go. Ron's time management blunders and failure to bitchslap Chud in the first three weeks of the season spelled his doom. Once Chud's stupid offense was shelved, the Panthers looked like an actual NFL team again.

People talk about beating mediocre teams, but two teams we've beaten are currently division leaders. We know Ron CAN lead us to victory. But the fact is that he doesn't. He really is the Matt Moore of coaching. (so far, anyway...)

Honestly I don't see anything in this coaching staff that makes me think they're capable of coaching the Panthers to regular 11-5 or 12-4 seasons.

This is the same trap we fell into last year. Mediocre all year, then end the season strong, causing people to get excited and say "Ok, playoffs next year!"

If Rivera is still here next year and it takes until week 11 to start playing well after we're mathmatically eliminated, I won't care whether he's fired or not, I'll probably lose interest in watching football.

Seifert...all over again.

Not even close

1 person likes this