Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Year 3 will tell a lot about Newton

37 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Auburn vs Alabama 2010. yes.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Accuracy isn't just about completion %. It's about putting the ball in a spot were the receiver can get yards after the catch. How many times has Cam jacked up a screen pass that J Stew jumps 2 feet off the ground to haul in while the defense closes in? How many times has Steve had to reach back, slide to the ground, or otherwise adjust for a ball instead of run in stride? These are the hidden plays within a play the truly elite passers make. Proper ball location is a mental game for Cam. He knows what the proper mechanics are but when the pass rush closes in, he's down by two scores, the season is on the line, and the media is calling him a bust. Does he revert to his college footwork or stick with his NFL footwork? It's all mental. We know that Cam has the ability to make these plays because we have seen him do it. We just need him to do it all the time. Especially under pressure.

Posted · Report post

Plus how many times has our D been the one to lose the game
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][sub]There's no reason to make excuses for Cam. He is a professional football player. When someone asks "how can he improve?" You don't answer: "GIVE HIM THREE NEW WIDE RECEIVERS AND A GOOD DEFENSE AND A COACH AND AN OFFENSIVE LINE".[/sub][/font][/size]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Belding' timestamp='1355727362' post='2050345']

Give Cam Kaepernick's receivers and this thread doesn't exist.
[/quote]

Who does SF have? Davis the only legit receiver.
Kaepernick has quickly become a fan of Crabtree but Crabtree wasn't really anything with Alex.

The way SF utilizes Kaepernick to his advantages is the main reason why theyre winning games. And Cam is much better than Kaepernick.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The Huddler' timestamp='1355728092' post='2050352']
Plus how many times has our D been the one to lose the game
[/quote]

Several, but at the same time, how many times has Chud called three consecutive pass plays when we have the lead and need to run out the clock?
Instead of pounding up the middle and taking 40 seconds off the clock every down, Chud wants to be cute. Three incompletions; 19 seconds taken off the clock.

My stomach was turning at the end of the first half today. I think there were about 7 consecutive passing plays while we were up several scores.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='KendrickPanther' timestamp='1355728348' post='2050355']
[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][sub]There's no reason to make excuses for Cam. He is a professional football player. When someone asks "how can he improve?" You don't answer: "GIVE HIM THREE NEW WIDE RECEIVERS AND A GOOD DEFENSE AND A COACH AND AN OFFENSIVE LINE".[/sub][/font][/size]
[/quote]

Sorry but that exactly what he's missing if he wanna win a Championship. He can't win it all by himself. It showed last season and this season that no one and Cam can't win it by themselves. Even Brady can't win by just having a really good offense.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1355728469' post='2050356']

Who does SF have? Davis the only legit receiver.
Kaepernick has quickly become a fan of Crabtree but Crabtree wasn't really anything with Alex.

The way SF utilizes Kaepernick to his advantages is the main reason why theyre winning games. And Cam is much better than Kaepernick.
[/quote]

I'd take Manningham and Moss over Murphy and Edwards 11 days a week.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Belding' timestamp='1355728890' post='2050359']

I'd take Manningham and Moss over Murphy and Edwards 11 days a week.
[/quote]

It's not just the players. Its about who's calling the shot and knows how to utilize their players.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1355729012' post='2050362']

It's not just the players. Its about who's calling the shot and knows how to utilize their players.
[/quote]

I agree with that, especially after watching the Singletary years.
but I can easily argue the Niners were winning with Alex Smith, too. They are a complete team. I think they could win with Grossman at QB. I think Clausen is the only QB who wouldn't win there.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='KendrickPanther' timestamp='1355728072' post='2050351']
Accuracy isn't just about completion %. It's about putting the ball in a spot were the receiver can get yards after the catch. How many times has Cam jacked up a screen pass that J Stew jumps 2 feet off the ground to haul in while the defense closes in? How many times has Steve had to reach back, slide to the ground, or otherwise adjust for a ball instead of run in stride? These are the hidden plays within a play the truly elite passers make.
[/quote]

So who are the elite guys at ball placement? Maybe Aaron Rodgers is one? Brady?

Did you see Rodgers' last game in 2011? Ever watched Brady or maybe Peyton throw an interception in the end zone?

The point is, too many people are over analyzing every throw that Cam makes because he happens to be our guy. Watch the other QB's in the league on a week to week basis and you'll see the same misses that make you scratch your head and the same poor reads that end up as interceptions.

Stop expecting perfection. It doesn't exist in this league.
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Belding' timestamp='1355729493' post='2050363']

I agree with that, especially after watching the Singletary years.
but I can easily argue the Niners were winning with Alex Smith, too. They are a complete team. I think they could win with Grossman at QB. I think Clausen is the only QB who wouldn't win there.
[/quote]

Alex didn't start winning till Harbaugh and Roman came in there last season.