#16 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,461 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

They make a few decent points, but I think they're unrealistic about a lot of stuff.

It's funny that the Observer made such a big deal of Kalil's letter, but this one doesn't merit a mention.

There are several very legitimate thoughts in the 'letter' and, for the most part, is pretty well written.

Kalil's ad was paid for by him and put on a full page in the Observer, and he's not a business executive. If what this letter says is true and a group of "business executives" wrote it, why didn't they pony up the cash to put it on a full page like Kalil did?

A friend of mine, also a charter PSL owner named Dave, wrote a letter to JR several years ago. He was not happy with the direction of the team and made it known to JR. Dave didn't go into any of the business aspects of the team, he was simply miffed by personnel decisions (this was during the Seifert era). Jerry Richardson called Dave and asked him to have lunch with him in a downtown Charlotte restaurant, to which Dave gladly accepted and they met, ate and talked.

I have spoken with Jerry Richardson myself several times over the years as, before his heart transplant, he made it a point to stop by our tailgate a couple times each season. I don't agree with his business/team principle and I'm no longer a PSL owner, as of a few weeks ago. But I will tell anyone who asks that I have the utmost respect for the man who takes the time to individually meet and talk with those who ask.

The author(s) of this letter could have signed it and could have asked to meet with the man and I'm about 100% certain he would reach out to them. All they had to do was nut up. I'm not really inclined to believe this was written by anyone other than a handful of pissed off PSL owners- not necessarily "business executives."

#17 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

It doesn't say a group of CEOs, it says business executives, and they're anonymous. For all we know, it could be a few guys who run a tree service and know how to use spell-check. :)

#18 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Lol Gantt is having a field day with this on twitter. His PFT post was funny too.

#19 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,269 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

There are several very legitimate thoughts in the 'letter' and, for the most part, is pretty well written.

Kalil's ad was paid for by him and put on a full page in the Observer, and he's not a CEO. If what this letter says is true and a group of CEO's wrote it, why didn't they pony up the cash to put it on a full page like Kalil did?

I heard it was a full page ad on the back page of the sports section. I haven't actually seen it to confirm however.

#20 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,303 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

I heard it was a full page ad on the back page of the sports section. I haven't actually seen it to confirm however.

Last page. Top to bottom. Full page. Confirmed

#21 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Last page. Top to bottom. Full page. Confirmed

Okay, my bad... from the link it looked as though it was simply placed in the classified section somewhere...

...but you get my point.

#22 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,955 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

This came off as goofy to me. It read like a whiny child wrote it, not well respected business leaders of Charlotte.

#23 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

It doesn't say a group of CEOs, it says business executives, and they're anonymous. For all we know, it could be a few guys who run a tree service and know how to use spell-check. :)

Okay, I edited my post to accurately reflect their standing as "business executives" and not CEO's. More like wanna-be CEO's.

#24 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

Lol Gantt is having a field day with this on twitter. His PFT post was funny too.

Like this tidbit:

"Buried within the avalanche of words are some salient points and a few funny lines (of coach Ron Rivera: “His clock management would be a mystery even to the Swiss”). But mainly, it comes off as a really long message board post, or call to a sports talk station."

Or any piece found on PFT...

#25 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

All I know is Jr looked pissed yesterday when some ill boy asked him for an autograph. Prob just mad there are no bojangles around I supposed though.

#26 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,257 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

The letter rings true. Bitching about PSLs is useless and will not change anything.

But JR is under pressure to get the right staff here ASAP.

#27 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

Like this tidbit:

"Buried within the avalanche of words are some salient points and a few funny lines (of coach Ron Rivera: “His clock management would be a mystery even to the Swiss”). But mainly, it comes off as a really long message board post, or call to a sports talk station."

Or any piece found on PFT...

Do you kind of wonder if, had all the comments here been supportive, the author would take credit and turn out to be someone who had posted before? :)

#28 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

I thought that was a pretty great ad myself. I wish I could have seen Jerry's face when he saw it.

#29 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,359 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Did not read yet, but isn't this about 9 weeks (or 3 years) late?

#30 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,269 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Do you kind of wonder if, had all the comments here been supportive, the author would take credit and turn out to be someone who had posted before? :)

some of the vernacular sure sounds familiar...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com