100 replies to this topic

#31 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,351 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

If Jerry responds, he will say that he wrote the checks to keep CJ, Deangelo, Stewart, Godfrey, Beason, Anderson, Kalil, etc.

FWIW, the thought of JR reading a longer version of a huddle post is hilarious. I would love to see the look on his face if he were to get mailed a letter which had one of PFFL's wall of text about YPP, interception % or some other measure of explaining why Cam is the team's problem.

#32 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,910 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Here's reality from my perspective-
if the letter was actually written by "business executives," they likely purchased multiple PSLs in quantity for their customers or corporate use or whatever. Regardless of their motive for making the purchase, the fact remains they certainly spent tens of thousands of dollars on those PSLs. If I spend tens of thousands of dollars on something that turns out to be of inferior value to what I paid, I'm gonna be pissed and I'm gonna raise hell and I will put my name on it.

Like I said earlier- nut up and sign the friggin' letter if you want it to mean anything.

#33 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,581 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

What a bunch of sour grapes, self entitled, group of asswipes that wrote that letter.

After reading that diatribe I can promise you one thing. If the authors of this letter actually ran an NFL team instead of just bitching about one from the commanding position of hindsight, it would be the worst run franchise in the history of the NFL.

I hope that JR knows that these ass clowns do not speak for the entire fan base.

#34 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,692 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

JR's hand drawn pie chart looks more professional than those three charts they used.

#35 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

Exactly my thoughts. Sounds like charlotte has some whiny and entitled "business leaders." also a hint to the business leaders - running your office supply company is not comparable to managing an NFL organization so please do not use that to support your argument that the panthers are mismanaged.

This came off as goofy to me. It read like a whiny child wrote it, not well respected business leaders of Charlotte.

#36 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,351 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

if the letter was actually written by "business executives," they likely purchased multiple PSLs in quantity for their customers or corporate use or whatever. Regardless of their motive for making the purchase, the fact remains they certainly spent tens of thousands of dollars on those PSLs. If I spend tens of thousands of dollars on something that turns out to be of inferior value to what I paid, I'm gonna be pissed and I'm gonna raise hell and I will put my name on it.

Like I said earlier- nut up and sign the friggin' letter if you want it to mean anything.

Gotta love that their only contact information is a gmail address..

#37 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,503 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

Well when I bought my PSLs I knew it was a risk. I knew I wasn't guarunteed 16 win seasons every year. It didn't say that in the contract I signed. Winning in the NFL consistently is not easy. I'm as pissed as the next guy about the last 4-5 years, it has been down right awful. Especially when you see a goofball like Tom Benson win a Lombardi. I doubt this letter does anything but piss JR off because the authors are cowards. That's what happened in 2011 when he came out guns blazing with that "You think I'm cheap, watch this" attitude and signed $800 million in contracts over 4 hours. He even said in a speech at training camp that "they aren't calling me cheap now." Maybe he will finally pull the right strings or maybe he just says fug it I'll show these bastards and moves to LA.

The Rivera clock mgmnt line was a good one though.

#38 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,910 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

We could start a whole new thread-

"In 10 words or less, define "business executive"

#39 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,377 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

Exactly my thoughts. Sounds like charlotte has some whiny and entitled "business leaders." also a hint to the business leaders - running your office supply company is not comparable to managing an NFL organization so please do not use that to support your argument that the panthers are mismanaged.

I seriously doubt that was written by "business leaders". Probably not even PSL owners.

My guess? One guy with an axe to grind and enough money to take out a full page ad.

#40 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

I thought that was a pretty great ad myself. I wish I could have seen Jerry's face when he saw it.

If it isn't Mr Cam hater himself. How does that crow taste?

#41 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,297 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

Some people have way to much time on their hands.

#42 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

They cite wikipedia as a source, LOL

#43 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

...and it's funny that these guys sound like they're being forced to show up and spend money.

If you think you are investing in a pyramid scheme, why would you continue to invest?

If JR was in this for the money, he could have very easily let CJ, DeAngelo and others walk.

#44 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

So if I may translate the whole premise of this article...

11 years ago some smart ass CEO wannabe saw JR in line @ McDonald's and decided he needed advice on how to run his billion dollar corporation. JR said "business is real good" as a nice way of telling this moron to f*ck off and he's still butt-hurt about it.

#45 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,847 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Whiney Bitch Posse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com