100 replies to this topic

#76 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,357 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Looks like the "Perturbed PSL Owners" are at it again...

http://scottfowlerob...ans-part-2.html

#77 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,605 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

I see no problem with the letter. JR has failed as an owner in terms of providing a winning product. He's done fine as an owner in terms of making money. Fans don't care about the second thing.

Fans don't care about the team making money all the way up until the time it moves to LA.

#78 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,605 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

Looks like the "Perturbed PSL Owners" are at it again...

http://scottfowlerob...ans-part-2.html

Welp. At least they finally defined what a "True Panther Fan" is.

A bunch of sour grapes assholes who play from the position of hindsight.

They complain about Marty Hurney, the guy who has already been fired and helped create a roster that was very competitive for several years including a Super Bowl appearance a couple of divisional championships, and a couple of NFC championship games. Oh and who had the balls to draft Cam Newton in the face of many doubters.

This is a guy who hired John Fox and Fox's tenure we had a .513 win % including going 5-3 in the playoffs. That win percentage would have been higher if the same type people that wrote this letter didn't bitch and moan until Fox had to fire a good OC in Dan Henning to hire a shitty OC in Jeff Davidson (this move in my opinion was the death nail in Fox's coffin)

Hurney has had plenty of missteps and we can go around and around about that. But he wasn't a terrible GM and had a lot of homeruns to go along with some strikeouts.

But what are they complaining about, he was fired. Do they want JR to hire him back so he can fire him again?

I love how they single out Robert Kraft as a model for winning. Good to know that all we have to do is find perhaps the best QB ever to play football and play in the AFC East against the worst collection of QBs in the NFL. That might be hard to swing.

Look, they have every right to do what they did and say whatever they want, just don't act like you are speaking for the entire fanbase.

Also put your name on it. Marty Hurney and JR don't get to say or do things behind the anonymity of made up names. You want fairness, and you want them to hold up their end of the bargain, but you won't put your name on it even as you personally call the owner out.

Maybe they won't put their name on it because they know that seeing as they are supposedly "business executives" it would open their own businesses open for scrutiny to see how great they are and to make notes that every decision they have made has turned out great.

I mean, wouldn't it be ironic if this was an executive at Bank Of America that contributed to an economic meltdown and then preaching about keeping up someone's end of the bargain and fairness, It probably isn't, but how does JR know?

#79 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,969 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

Wow... I don't like where this is going. You can discuss these things in a much more respectful manner.

And that exchange between JR and the local CEO is completely unlike any and all other interactions I've heard of him having with fans. I don't really believe that, but then again, what reason do they have to lie for?

#80 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Maybe they won't put their name on it because they know that seeing as they are supposedly "business executives" it would open their own businesses open for scrutiny to see how great they are and to make notes that every decision they have made has turned out great.

I mean, wouldn't it be ironic if this was an executive at Bank Of America that contributed to an economic meltdown and then preaching about keeping up someone's end of the bargain and fairness, It probably isn't, but how does JR know?

How is what they do for a living relevant? It would be nice to see affirmation that they are indeed PSL owners, but assuming that is true, their points should be evaluated based on their merits. It's not like they are lobbying for jobs, they are just speaking as customers and to some extent as investors.

They could all work at the local McDonalds, but if they are spending their hard earned money on PSL's, where they work shouldn't disqualify the message.

#81 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 41,516 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

Still sounds like one guy claiming to speak for many when he's probably just speaking for himself.

"Everybody agrees with me in private!" :rolleyes:

#82 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,357 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

How is what they do for a living relevant? It would be nice to see affirmation that they are indeed PSL owners, but assuming that is true, their points should be evaluated based on their merits. It's not like they are lobbying for jobs, they are just speaking as customers and to some extent as investors.

They could all work at the local McDonalds, but if they are spending their hard earned money on PSL's, where they work shouldn't disqualify the message.

So their credibility shouldn't be questioned if they are claiming to be "business executives"?

#83 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,969 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Question, has anyone here, particularly well connected in business had any similar interactions with JR?

I've never heard of anything else remotely close happening between him and someone locally. Only similar instances I know of were the labor negotiations and that is understandable.

#84 Upper Deck West End Zone

Upper Deck West End Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Yes, part of me would like to know who wrote the piece and/or paid for the placement.

However, it annoys me when local journalists complain about the anonymity while they routinely cite 'unnamed sources' in their pieces. This usually means: "I'm just making this up."

The local journalists have been essentially scooped by the 'perturbed' fans. Everything in the open letter is pretty much spot on yet the beat writers have ignored all the elephants in the room the ad points out...the biggest being an owner who has totally failed to provide a consistently successful product.

For whatever reason, the beat writers who cover The Panthers are lap dogs who will not directly criticize Jerry even though he's a blatantly incompetent NFL franchise owner.

It doesn't matter who wrote the piece. Finally, a group has publicly stood up to the #1 problem: Jerry Richardson.

#85 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

"Who are we? We are the heart and soul of the Panthers; their most loyal (and demoralized) fans."

-Ok, this is now getting entertaining

#86 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Ummmm....no

I know how much psl's cost, however a majority of people who buy them make a good bit of money. the amount of disposible income % of that person vs. The amount of disposible income % that i spent of season tickets this year is not even close. So ummmm yes

#87 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

So their credibility shouldn't be questioned if they are claiming to be "business executives"?

What does it matter whether or not they fit the definition of a business executive? Who knows, maybe they have a lawn mowing service or maybe they run a decent sized business. Would Zod, for example, qualify? Given his ownership of this site and an independent photo business, is he not a business executive?

The only thing that would make me want to immediately just trash whatever they said would be to find out they are not, in fact, PSL owners.

#88 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

It is Pat Yasinskas...lol

#89 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,357 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

I know how much psl's cost, however a majority of people who buy them make a good bit of money. the amount of disposible income % of that person vs. The amount of disposible income % that i spent of season tickets this year is not even close. So ummmm yes

There are many more fans who don't go to games at all, or if they do, only when it's a free ticket or heavily discounted (like many of our home games have been). So, your point of non PSL holders spending more of their income as a percentage on the Panthers vs. PSL holders is basically applying the math only to your situation.

Similar to what the PPPOF group is doing, claiming they are the voice of PSL holders (and then quickly changing their tune when called out about it).

#90 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 41,516 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

What does it matter whether or not they fit the definition of a business executive? Who knows, maybe they have a lawn mowing service or maybe they run a decent sized business. Would Zod, for example, qualify? Given his ownership of this site and an independent photo business, is he not a business executive?

The only thing that would make me want to immediately just trash whatever they said would be to find out they are not, in fact, PSL owners.

From what I've read, my first guess is that this guy is CEO of Mom's Basement, LLC.

Odds are he's nobody, but he thinks anonymously claiming to be "a group of business leaders and PSL owners" will make people listen. The reason he's being anonymous is because if people knew who he actually was, nobody would give a flying rip what he thinks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com