#1 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Panther coach Ron Rivera is 2-5 in Sept, 1-7 in Oct, 3-4 in Nov and 5-3 in December.” Tom Sorensen

Bill Rosinski@RosinskiBill
As the Panthers steamroll the Chargers I think about Ron Rivera's record in games that count, games when you have a shot at the playoffs...

This year that record was 3-9. QB Matt Moore was 4-1 as a starter. The games meant nothing. This is the decision the owner needs to make

Darin Gantt@daringantt

In terms of Ron Rivera's future with Panthers, I think today's game shows why a change is needed. This could have been happening long ago.

It baffles me that some of you guys feel like the Panthers have turned a new leaf or something. What we are watching this month is fools gold. which is completely what Rivera has demonstrated. We simply can't win when it matters. The first three months of the season tells the whole story on why Rivera shouldn't be retained. At best, Rivera team will be just mediocre just like Norv Turner team. I'm the type of guy that gives credit when credit is due and I think Rivera has done a good job with the defense. I just don't feel Rivera has showed me enough to believe that he should stay. The only way I would even consider him to stay is if we finish 7-9. Even then I would be very skeptical.

#2 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,074 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Greg Hardy wants him back:

http://www.utsandieg...mplete-victory/

“I hope he’s here to stay,” Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy said of Rivera. “I’m going to play my heart out for him.”

#3 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

Wow. If Rivera leaves, you best believe there won't be a hometown discount come contract time.

#4 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,577 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Most player love him...LaFell clearly said they all jump through a wall for him and that the right plays have been called at critical moments...players just did not execute them..he cited at the time.
1.)the 3rd and 1 Newton Fumble to ice the game, Punt on the 1..Nakas facepalm.
2.)Cam throwing the ball in the dirt on the rollout against the seahawks.
3.) ill add Lafell's TD drop against the Cheifs on the post pattern.

That is three wins...not lost due to coaching but due to player execution or lack of.

#5 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,571 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Panther coach Ron Rivera is 2-5 in Sept, 1-7 in Oct, 3-4 in Nov and 5-3 in December.” Tom Sorensen

It baffles me that some of you guys feel like the Panthers have turned a new leaf or something. What we are watching this month is fools gold. which is completely what Rivera has demonstrated. We simply can't win when it matters. The first three months of the season tells the whole story on why Rivera shouldn't be retained. At best, Rivera team will be just mediocre just like Norv Turner team. I'm the type of guy that gives credit when credit is due and I think Rivera has done a good job with the defense. I just don't feel Rivera has showed me enough to believe that he should stay. The only way I would even consider him to stay is if we finish 7-9. Even then I would be very skeptical.

I think you look at it at the end of the season....weigh the options on who may be available and go from there.There is a risk in bringing in another coach.Its not as easy as bringing in a FS.

I am not disagreeing but would like the benefit of the last 2 games.

#6 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,889 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Player feelings do factor in to this kind of decision.

#7 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

Players didn't want Hurney fired either.

#8 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,742 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

Call me an old school guy, but ALL wins matter to me, so I just can't get with that argument. In the end, there is only one champion, so I guess in keeping with this line of thinking I can ask the question (half-way tongue-in-cheek, half-way serious): Does any win really matter except one, when you get right down to it? Anyway...

To keep, or not to keep? That is the question. It will be answered by the new GM. I am not gonna cry either way. No one really knows the answer. There are certainly positives and negatives either way. Familiarity breeds contempt, but continuity stands for something. This will just have to be something that plays itself out and time will have to answer. The only thing I know for certain is that in the end there will be a lot of "I-told-you-sos" that won't really matter.

#9 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,290 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Cam also will probably lobby for him as well, Cam is on a roll lately, and I'm pretty sure a new coaching staff may stunt his growth as a QB.

#10 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

Hmmmmmmmmm...this will be tough come offseason..

#11 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,577 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

Bill Rosinski@RosinskiBill
As the Panthers steamroll the Chargers I think about Ron Rivera's record in games that count, games when you have a shot at the playoffs...

This year that record was 3-9. QB Matt Moore was 4-1 as a starter. The games meant nothing. This is the decision the owner needs to make

Darin Gantt@daringantt
In terms of Ron Rivera's future with Panthers, I think today's game shows why a change is needed. This could have been happening long ago.

I agree with this argument to continue a process to find a successor. IMO you have to privately target a vision with a few coaches that you will go after(after a GM is hired of course) If they are unavailable you maintain the integrity and authority of the current staff and support moving forward...not to change for the sake of change.

So for me even big names are not an upgrade to Rivera just an expensive WOW hire like :

Cowher (too removed from the game, passion/hunger is less), NO!

Gruden(innovative and knows the Panthers roster well, destroyed the Bucs quick after the Superbowl win and had a lack of eye for QB talent.( he loved BLANE GABBERT and implementing the West coast offense takes a few years.) NO!

Bruce Arian(really?)

upgrades at WR, second TE O-Line will change a lot of things...for wins.

#12 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

It's going to come down to whoever we want for the new GM.

If we have the perfect fit at GM lined up and he wants Rivera gone he is going to to be gone IMO. That's the variable here that noone can predict but I highly, highly, doubt that we will allow Rivera having good games when it doesn't matter for us cost us a GM candidate.

There is more that goes into this decision than just what we see on the field Sunday / hear from players.

#13 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

LOL Come on most players are going to always say things like I want the HC to stay and we love him. But behind closed doors it a whole other world on how the players feel about him. I don't know how they feel behind closed doors. But bottom line who is JR going to do this for. The fans and their money and a better chance a wining a SB soon or for a bunch of players. If these players don't want to play for another HC next year and if that is the case. Then tell them to pack their bags and leave town. Because as a true fan of this team. I'm sick of the losing seasons and I'm tired of seeing the same old teams run the tables in the playoffs each year. Like New England and the 49ers. I want our team to be there each year. But sorry to say I don't Ron has the tools to get us there. It's time to make the change. Like they say. It is about the business and not the person. If the players can't accept him leaving at years end if he goes. Then hit the road with him. I want players who will play hard every down no matter who the HC here next year.

#14 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,571 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

It's going to come down to whoever we want for the new GM.

If we have the perfect fit at GM lined up and he wants Rivera gone he is going to to be gone IMO. That's the variable here that noone can predict but I highly, highly, doubt that we will allow Rivera having good games when it doesn't matter for us cost us a GM candidate.

There is more that goes into this decision than just what we see on the field Sunday / hear from players.

I think JR will make the call and yes I think he will get input from the players. Rivera has said JR has given him the conditions of his future employment and said that wins would play a huge part so who knows

#15 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

Player feelings do factor in to this kind of decision.

Some what. But when it comes to your fan base getting tired of losing season after season. Also you are losing money left and right because people don't want to come to games because of the losing. Then the owner has to side with the fan base and go with a change at HC. IF Ron can get above the amount of wins he had in his first year. Then something is wrong. Fox came in year one and went 7-9. Then the next year Fox took his team to the SB. Yet Ron can't mange to even get to the 500 mark or better in his second year. I've seen very little progress as a whole for this team. Yes after we are out of the playoffs this team finally showing improvement. But it was that way last year as well. So what is happening currently doesn't mean crap. Plain and simple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.