#31 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

I think Gross has at least another season or two left in him, and I think he also means too much to this team as a veteran presence. If he restructures and the team continues to win, I'd love to see Chance Warmack plug that Ava Devine-sized gape at RG.

MHS's post helped me understand though why Silatolu was getting bodied so bad against Denver. There was a particular play where Clemons, Wagner, and the DT came off the edge and Silatolu didn't engage the DT (or was it Wagner?) who got a free shot at Gross, which knocked him off of his man and left DWill to have to choose which player got to hit Cam :/ It also explains why a majority of Silatolu's big blocks come when he's free to go level whomever Gross is protecting against. Good post dude!

#32 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

don't know what you guys were watching. Bell looked good at gaurd to me. Then again I have no idea because I don't watch the Oline. I just like to talk out of my ass. Continue on with your discussion

#33 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

Bell seems to be better as a run blocker than a outside pass blocker. i would look to send him to a OG slot than an OT. But only if they could find a better replacement for ROT.

#34 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

I'm seeing a rookie progression similar to Bell, which bodes well for next season.

Amini was dreadful early on but has making gains in the run-blocking department. I still think his pass blocking needs some work, though.

He is looking better than he did early in the season. Though, he continues to get beat with schemes - not physicality. Once he gets the mental aspect he'll be a good pick up. But don't forget, he played LT in college. So he's not just coming from a small time school to the NFL. He's coming from a small school (subpar competition) and he's changing positions.

#35 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

some good posts here, thanks. Early on, I was scared we made a big mistake with a second round pick,
but I kept telling myself, he's a rookie, give him time.

just wanted to hear someone say he really is getting better.

#36 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,582 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

Bell seems to be better as a run blocker than a outside pass blocker. i would look to send him to a OG slot than an OT. But only if they could find a better replacement for ROT.

Bell is weak against speed guys on pass pro, but when he gets his hands on them they're done. He really looks a lot like Otah did his rookie year. Much improved but a little rough around the edges still.

#37 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,219 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

If you think silatolu is good, you got dropped on your head too many times, in fact and abundant amount of retarded times to the point that you are a basketball.

#38 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,584 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

this guy is garbage and shouldn't be starting. We need to bring in veteran offensive lineman who aren't cut for sucking.

I have heard this garbage on just about every player on the team.Why don't you back it up with some measurable stats that we can make sense of .

I admit I am not good at evaluating OL talent but the everyone on the team sucks attitude is a waste of time.

#39 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,584 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

If you think silatolu is good, you got dropped on your head too many times, in fact and abundant amount of retarded times to the point that you are a basketball.

Maybe someone needs to drop you on your head

#40 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,219 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

I have heard this garbage on just about every player on the team.Why don't you back it up with some measurable stats that we can make sense of .

I admit I am not good at evaluating OL talent but the everyone on the team sucks attitude is a waste of time.

Just watch him play. There's no stats he's damn lineman, unless you count penalties which i know he's up there. He gets no push and gets beat inside all the time. It might have gotten better recently, but the whole line is garbage.

#41 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Just watch him play. There's no stats he's damn lineman, unless you count penalties which i know he's up there. He gets no push and gets beat inside all the time. It might have gotten better recently, but the whole line is garbage.

http://www.nflpenalt...thers?year=2012

9 penalties for Silatolu

http://www.nflpenalt...all-players.php

#26 on the list.

Further breakdown:
2 vs. TB
1 vs. ATL
3 vs. DAL
1 vs. DEN
1 vs. TB
1 vs. SD

Also with 9 penalties this season: Cordy Glenn, Anquan Boldin, Jermaine Gresham, Patrick Robinson, Eric Winston, and Von Miller.

#42 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

For a lineman ... he needs to cut the senseless penalties. Other than that, I think he has played well all things considered.

#43 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Bell was a penalty machine last year, yet, only committed 3 so far this year. Amini needs time, especially coming from a DII school. The whole damn line has been a mess thus far, so the incontinuity has certainly been a haywire on his early progression. But that doesn't mean he's a bust and should be thrown into the trash.

We don't exactly have the cap room to go willy-nilly through free agency and find a polished guard. We're either stuck with what we have or find more rookies and start the process over again.

#44 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,367 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

If you look at the last two games for Silatolu, PFF gave him a +5 for week 14 and had a positive rating against the Chargers in week 15. So he has been playing better as of late. Considering where he's coming from and that he's switching positions, his progress is fine.

#45 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

I think we need to find a competent replacement for silatolu, I don't want to go on another season hoping like I did with Fua and McClain. Fua is a back up and so is Silatolu. At least bring he another athletic body to up the ante so he won't feel like he owns the position.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.