Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pete Carroll and Mike Shanahan.

34 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Seahawks- 2010 season; 7-9. 2011 Season; 7-9. 2012; 9-5.
Redskins- 2010 Season; 6-10. 2011 Season; 5-11. 2012 Season; 8-6

I bet fans said the exact same thing about these 2 HCs deserving to be fired after their mediocre 2nd seasons, and now look at them. If we win out and go 7-9, that will be good enough improvement to warrant another year. Lets remember that Rivera inherited a 2-14 team with Jimmy freaking Clausen.

Posted · Report post

uhhhh seattle had old ass matt hasselbeck and tavaris jackson... then in year 3, russell wilson!
washington had mcnabb/grossman and beck/grossman... then in year 3, robert griffin iii!

we've had cam newton this whole time.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Both of those guys are also VPs within the organization and have NFL head coaching experience.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PantherTrain84' timestamp='1355769532' post='2050961']
Seahawks- 2010 season; 7-9. 2011 Season; 7-9. 2012; 9-5.
Redskins- 2010 Season; 6-10. 2011 Season; 5-11. 2012 Season; 8-6

I bet fans said the exact same thing about these 2 HCs deserving to be fired after their mediocre 2nd seasons, and now look at them. If we win out and go 7-9, that will be good enough improvement to warrant another year. [size=4][b]Lets remember that Rivera inherited a 2-14 team with Jimmy freaking Clausen.[/b][/size]
[/quote]

According to many on this board we are just overflowing with talent.

So which is it? Is Rivera a terrible coach, or do we not have as much talent as people keep saying?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We string two wins together for the first time in a whole year and suddenly Rivera is a legend.

Just stop already. Let's atleast see how we play our final two games before we go full retard.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TheRed' timestamp='1355770103' post='2050990']
We string two wins together for the first time in a whole year and suddenly Rivera is a legend.

Just stop already. Let's atleast see how we play our final two games before we go full retard.
[/quote]

I totally agree with the first sentence- the genius of Bill Walsh now lives in Ron Rivera.... puh-leeze.

With respect to "full retard"... I'm thinking we're already there based upon [i]way[/i] too many threads about this in the last 24 hours...

Posted · Report post

Seattle made the Playoffs in Carroll's first season

Posted · Report post

I guess Rivera all of a sudden became a King of Charlotte after wins of the Eagles and SD.

Posted · Report post

Even a Rivera led team could have made the playoffs in the NFC West that year.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1355770550' post='2051010']
Seattle made the Playoffs in Carroll's first season
[/quote]

With a fugging 7-9 record. That division was god awful, Rivera could have made the playoffs in that situation.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TheRed' timestamp='1355770103' post='2050990']

[/quote]

This. (sorta)

I'm ridiculously torn between keepin or firing rivera. He is by no means whatsoever a legend. He's still rather awful. But part of me thinks he could do good with *one* more year.

Then again, I'd rather have a new coach.

But I don't want a coach that's equally bad or worse....

For me it just depends on who we'd get as a replacement.

I don't think anyone's saying he's a great coach. Just that he could do well from a third year.

I agreed with the quoted post because of the people who say he "deserves" a third year.

He doesn't.

But the players love him, and I feel like we could do worse then give him a third year. As long as we're not giving up a better coach by doing so.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TheRed' timestamp='1355770850' post='2051023']
With a fugging 7-9 record. That division was god awful, Rivera could have made the playoffs in that situation.
[/quote]

Still he made the playoffs. Im sure their fans werent calling for his head.