Photo
- - - - -

Were We on Sportscenter AT ALL Yesterday?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 snowmanss1

snowmanss1

NEWB

• LocationSan Diego
ROOKIE

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Niners/Patriots game on repeat. Only saw Chargers game highlights once on the local SD channels.

#12 Craigslist Killer

Craigslist Killer

I love me some hookers

ROOKIE

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

Niners/Patriots game on repeat. Only saw Chargers game highlights once on the local SD channels.

i bet that was a very short clip

#13 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

We never get ESPN coverage, unless it's bashing our quarterback.

That certainly isn't going to change by destroying a team who's already confirmed their GM and HC are gone.

Exactly.

#14 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• LocationColorado
SUPPORTER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

Honestly, most of the games yesterday were pretty bad. Steelers/Cowturds and 9ners/Bradyiots were the only ones that were watchable and will get almost all of ESPN's coverage. The Charger slaughter was pretty boring...I still enjoyed it though.

#15 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

I was going to say, it wasn't just a snub against us because I also didn't recall any highlights from the Chiefs/Raiders game either... Although, I understood that... Who cares about 5 FGs?

#16 panthers04100

panthers04100

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

I was going to say, it wasn't just a snub against us because I also didn't recall any highlights from the Chiefs/Raiders game either... Although, I understood that... Who cares about 5 FGs?

they didn't show the jags and dolphins either and I didn't see the bucs vs saints or the cards and the lions

#17 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• LocationHouston Texas
SUPPORTER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

I am having trouble finding decent game highlights (vids longer than 1:30)

#18 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

HUDDLER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

Posted this in the other thread, but it's relevant here... this is why some of those games get no attention... they are not relevant for ESPN.

I don't understand why people complain about ESPN... it is what it is, we should know their agenda right now...ESPN cares about stories that can stir controversy and polarize the audience, and other stories relevant to majority of fans nation wide...

1) Popular team (Example: Dallas) Playing very well, or horribly bad = Air play on ESPN

2) Popular/Polarizing QB (Ex; Cam, Eli) - On a bad team = No attention if beat another bad team, But more attention if they lose with the QB looking bad/below average.

3) Popular/Polarizing QB (Ex; Cam, Eli) - On a winning team = Attention after most games, with big performances getting a lot of attention

4) Non popular team/QB (Ex: Dalton, Bradford) = Minimum coverage regardless... Attention will be dictated by their opponent, or if the team has an extremely good/horrid performance then some attention will be given.

So right now we are on on bad team and ESPN could give two craps about us unless we have a bad loss that gives them reason to talk about us... only if we play a relevant opponent and win will we have some air play.

This stuff should not surprise anyone.

#19 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

Even the NFL Network's Gameday highlights package was 0:37 long. Those are usually AT LEAST 2 minutes, most of the times 3+ minutes. Not gonna lie, made me a little salty, especially because I didn't get to watch much of the game.

#20 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

We weren't on NFL AM either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users