Photo
- - - - -

Were We on Sportscenter AT ALL Yesterday?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

I was going to say, it wasn't just a snub against us because I also didn't recall any highlights from the Chiefs/Raiders game either... Although, I understood that... Who cares about 5 FGs?

they didn't show the jags and dolphins either and I didn't see the bucs vs saints or the cards and the lions

#17 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

I am having trouble finding decent game highlights (vids longer than 1:30)

#18 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

Posted this in the other thread, but it's relevant here... this is why some of those games get no attention... they are not relevant for ESPN.

I don't understand why people complain about ESPN... it is what it is, we should know their agenda right now...ESPN cares about stories that can stir controversy and polarize the audience, and other stories relevant to majority of fans nation wide...

1) Popular team (Example: Dallas) Playing very well, or horribly bad = Air play on ESPN

2) Popular/Polarizing QB (Ex; Cam, Eli) - On a bad team = No attention if beat another bad team, But more attention if they lose with the QB looking bad/below average.

3) Popular/Polarizing QB (Ex; Cam, Eli) - On a winning team = Attention after most games, with big performances getting a lot of attention

4) Non popular team/QB (Ex: Dalton, Bradford) = Minimum coverage regardless... Attention will be dictated by their opponent, or if the team has an extremely good/horrid performance then some attention will be given.

So right now we are on on bad team and ESPN could give two craps about us unless we have a bad loss that gives them reason to talk about us... only if we play a relevant opponent and win will we have some air play.

This stuff should not surprise anyone.

#19 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

Even the NFL Network's Gameday highlights package was 0:37 long. Those are usually AT LEAST 2 minutes, most of the times 3+ minutes. Not gonna lie, made me a little salty, especially because I didn't get to watch much of the game.

#20 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,279 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

We weren't on NFL AM either.

#21 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

If it doesn't involve Cam slouching on the sidelines, or Cam throwing interceptions, or Cam pouting in front of the media, or Cam stealing laptops...then ESPN couldn't care less about us.

Neg was accidental. My bad.

#22 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

If it doesn't involve Cam slouching on the sidelines, or Cam throwing interceptions, or Cam pouting in front of the media, or Cam stealing laptops...then ESPN couldn't care less about us.

Neg was accidental. My bad.

#23 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Oops double post

#24 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

No prob

#25 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,815 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

our game really wasn't worth mentioning compared to all the marquee matchups

#26 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

ESPN has been limited the coverage of certain games and teams for years. This is nothing new. Back in the day, NFL Primetime, before the NFL moved Sunday Night games to NBC, was the best. I'm sure NBC getting rights on Sunday nights, its reduced ESPN to just focusing on a handful of teams.

#27 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,349 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

One bad team stomping another bad team in the midst of race to the playoffs. What did you expect?

#28 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,156 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

The best highlights were hearing Jim Nantz and Phil Simms almost sobbing out loud when their favorite sleepy-time cuddle toy Tom Brady was down 31-10 to the Niners after 3 quarters.

Simms has quickly become one of the biggest jerk-offs doing football on TV. Inside the NFL with James Brown, Cris Collinsworth (used to have Warren Sapp) and Simms was good when it was on HBO back in the day- but with these clowns it's just another crap show like every other pre-game and post-game show on TV.

I turn it on at 1:05 and turn it off when the late game ends.... all the other crap is just that- crap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.