Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uh oh. Pat Y might just have dropped a bombshell. Get ready for Beane as GM

194 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

fug my life if this happens just fug

Posted · Report post

Fans would sell their PSLs in droves
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Not surprising, and I won't be shocked if this is true. It would be a typical panthers move. This is how the Panthers run things, smh.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Wow, I can't believe this poo.

Posted · Report post

So the Acorsi hire was a smokescreen?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Well it would make sense if JR wanted to keep Ron Rivera for one more year since the team seems to be playing better down the stretch. Also if he wants to give Rivera 3 years to make a call, it makes sense to hire Beane to manage the cap going into next season. If Ron Rivera stays I think Beane will be the interim GM until JR makes his decision to part ways with Rivera.

This makes me wonder if JR is willing to give Ron the power to bring in and sign who he wants, and Beane will just be the cap guy, I would rather have Ron brining evaluating the talent and make decisions then a GM that is just a cap guy.

Posted · Report post

Sound like typical Jerry Richardson

Pinching Pennys

Posted · Report post

How do any of you here know whether he would be a good choice or not?!? Leave it to the guys whos job it is to decide these things.....christ. You never know, Beane may lead us to the promised land.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bullethead527' timestamp='1355783229' post='2051386']
Well it would make sense if JR wanted to keep Ron Rivera for one more year since the team seems to be playing better down the stretch. Also if he wants to give Rivera 3 years to make a call, it makes sense to hire Beane to manage the cap going into next season. If Ron Rivera stays I think Beane will be the interim GM until JR makes his decision to part ways with Rivera.

This makes me wonder if JR is willing to give Ron the power to bring in and sign who he wants, and Beane will just be the cap guy, I would rather have Ron brining evaluating the talent and make decisions then a GM that is just a cap guy.
[/quote]
either is a lose lose

Posted · Report post

[quote name='joemac' timestamp='1355783311' post='2051390']
How do any of you here know whether he would be a good choice or not?!? Leave it to the guys whos job it is to decide these things.....christ. You never know, Beane may lead us to the promised land.
[/quote]
do you really think the guy that plans where the team travels is the chosen one to "lead us to the promised land"?

Posted · Report post

I will say since losing hurney the talent that Ron has brought in has all been somewhat useful. Gano,Dockery,Addison,Chandler,Hogue come to mind right off the bat. So as has been mentioned I wouldn't be opposed to a 3rd year with beane in a 1 year deal if Ron can handle evaluating and coaching and can be successful I say go for it!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='joemac' timestamp='1355783311' post='2051390']
[/quote]

I'll just say this... Anyone that lists Marty Hurney as a reference their resume becomes as worthless as the paper its printed on