Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uh oh. Pat Y might just have dropped a bombshell. Get ready for Beane as GM

194 posts in this topic

Posted

I like this....

dm_121024_nfl_schefter_on_ron_rivera.jpg

Posted

Imagine this place if JR not only announced Rivera's return but also announced Beane as new GM

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree but I follow Pat Y a lot and when he says things like this he is usually right. He was saying we would draft Kuechly back last Feb

Kuechly was obviously the BPA. I wouldn't give him too much credit for that one.

Posted

Given the upswing in team performance, I wouldn't be surprised if Beane was retained as interim GM for a year while Rivera proves whether or not he can get this team where it needs to be. If he tanks, everyone's gone. If he does well, maybe a GM is brought in via Accorsi on a more permanent basis, and can then decide whether or not to keep Ron.

Again, my only fear is turning into the Raiders and having a revolving door coaching staff that messes up Cam's progression.

Posted

Seriously doubt it.

For the record, a few years back, Yasinskas was continually saying that Mike McCoy was a lock for the OC job before it got handed to Jeff Davidson.

His 'inside source' on that one was Mike McCoy's agent.

Posted

This makes me want to freestyle rap about how duck this is.

3 people like this

Posted

What if, just what if, Accorsi is the one that is endorsing Beane? For the sake of argument, Accorsi may have spent enough time with Beane to see he is the one we need!

Posted

If that's the case then Richardson makes it really hard to support this team

It also means that the Hurney firing was for nothing more than to appease the fanbase.

Richardson is making a strong case to be the worst owner in the league if this ends up true

7 people like this

Posted

I'm tired of group think. We need fresh blood up in this bitch.

Posted

What if, just what if, Accorsi is the one that is endorsing Beane? For the sake of argument, Accorsi may have spent enough time with Beane to see he is the one we need!

What exactly would he have done in the last few weeks that would make anybody think he knows how to run a draft?

Posted

There are much, much more qualified candidates available

Posted

only way this isn't a complete bullshit move is if accorsi actually recommended beane to be the new guy. and that's doubtful.