Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PantherTrain84

Uh oh. Pat Y might just have dropped a bombshell. Get ready for Beane as GM

194 posts in this topic

Were this true, we wouldn't be the Browns of the south. The Browns have a passionate fanbase.

And Just to be very clear I'm not for or against anyone for GM and this is Currently the 3rd time I've stated this fact in this thread already.

Some people are acting as if I'm for Beane being GM I'm not. I'm just saying that we don't know who the best guy for the job is, and there's no way any of you know either and for all we know Beane could be.

Is it really such a bad thing if it happens? Do any of us know that much more about Beane than any of the 'hot' GM candidates out there that a random ESPN or NFL.com article didn't tell us?

Makes sense

If we're bad next year the entire staff will be gone and a new GM would be brought in

My level of fan commitment will be almost gone if this is true.

4 people like this

Is it really such a bad thing if it happens? Do any of us know that much more about Beane than any of the 'hot' GM candidates out there that a random ESPN or NFL.com article didn't tell us?

Be careful I raised the same question and was blasted for it, just a heads up.

What has Beane done that would warrant him holding the pos full time? I'm just speaking personally, but if it happens.... we will see more empty seats in 2013

Here is my thinking. JR wants to give Rivera another year. JR doesnt want to be in a awkward position when he interviews a potential GM by saying "BTW, if I hire you I have 2 rules. You must not pick your own QB and you also must not pick your own HC because we are keeping Rivera." So if Rivera stays it makes the most sense to let Beane ride it out for a year, let the coaching stay, give Rivera power on who he signs cuts, drafts etc and see where the cards end up falling next season. If we dont make the playoffs, THEN JR will really drop the hammer and fire everyone and bring in a new GM, coaching staff etc

Makes sense

If we're bad next year the entire staff will be gone and a new GM would be brought in

This is the problem though...JR cannot...and I repeat CANNOT afford a f*** like this. The fanbase would turn on him

How do any of you here know whether he would be a good choice or not?!? Leave it to the guys whos job it is to decide these things.....christ. You never know, Beane may lead us to the promised land.

14 losing seasons out of 18 says maybe they shouldn't be deciding these things
1 person likes this