• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#166 car5nc

car5nc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

I will burn every Bojangles to the ground.

#167 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,968 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

How many winning seasons has this franchise had again, remind me?

Can you honestly sit here and tell me the first place you think Acorsi would look is here, seriously.

Not saying that he would. But, those losing seasons were under Hurney.....not Beane.

Don't get me wrong.....I am not advocating for Beane as GM. At first glance and based on emotion, I would say that no one in the Front Office should be retained....just gut them all.

But, there could be talent there that would make a good GM. I don't know.

Again, if Acorsi recommends someone outside this organziation and JR goes against that recommendation, then we all should legitimately be pissed.

But, IF Acorsi says that Beane is the man then wouldn't it be logical that he knows a lot more about who to choose than any of us.....again, myself included.

#168 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

A fan base is going to quit (and has been quitting) on a team that is pretty much a running joke year in and year out. Four winning seasons in eighteen years. Four. Since 1995. It's not that half the fan base will literally say "omfg we chose Beane?! BEANE?!". What they'll do is notice that we're a poo team next year yet again and stop caring even more than they already do. And Beane, the guy who was an underling to the other guy we just ran out of town because of the complete fuging mess he made of things, gives very little hope that we'd change a system and situation that has completely and utterly failed.

To be fair to us I'd hardly say we are the running joke year in and year out.

1. Jets - Sanchez booty fumbling
2.Cheifs - we lost to them but they had something to play for that game
3.Jags - in talks every year about them being the team to leave to LA cause they are so bad

We definitely carry more respect then these teams. Turn on any tv and they laugh at how bad the jets are look at last night.

With that said youre right about beane nothing giving us much hope. We need to go out and get a better guy

#169 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,166 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

I will burn every Bojangles to the ground.

10 new accounts were just registered from FBI IP addresses

#170 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,882 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

10 new accounts were just registered from FBI IP addresses

I lol'd

#171 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,414 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

I understand your point that it would appear that hiring an insider would be just more of the same. But, that is not necessarily true. We have no idea whether Beane's views and Hurney's views were anything alike. Just because one worked for the other does not make this necessarily true.

I know nothing about Beane and a pretty limited understanding of what it really takes to be a good GM. Therefore, I will defer judgement to Acorsi, who was hired to do just that.

Now, if Acorsi makes a suggestion to go outside and JR goes against that suggestion, then we shoudl all be pissed. You hire an expert because you value their opinion.....you don't hire one to go against their opinion.

whether he's the best candidate or not (which i doubt) isn't really the most important thing.

i can't see how beane would be significantly better than ross or gettleman or gamble or some of the other names mentioned. what is important is 1) getting an upgrade and 2) assuring the fanbase and PSL holders that you acknowledge the deficiencies within your organization and you aren't going to continue down the same path and you aren't going to try and keep everything in house, that you are willing to go outside your own failing organization for help in rebuilding.

i just can't see hiring beane as being a sign that we are determined to make things right here.

right or wrong, perception matters. the only way you promote from within is if you have a successful organization to begin with.

it demonstrates a resistance to outside opinion and change, you miss out on what could be a much needed injection of superior management practices and talent...and especially fresh eyes and perspectives, it makes it easy to repeat failed management behavior. it's a sign that you accept your status quo.

organizations have to have an influx of talent and in this case, it's needed at the top with the GM. if there is no influx of outside talent, a danger that exists is, well, the organizational gene pool gets too small and when that happens recessive and non-beneficial traits within the org. become dominant.

i can see how this might work...maybe...but there are too many reasons why this would be a bad thing. there are too many things that can go wrong.

#172 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Never called anyone an idiot. Only pointed out that none of us know anythign about Beane nor whether he has the qualifications to make a good GM. That is why I said that we should wait and see what Acorsi recommends. Maybe the guy is very impressive and Acorsi says he is the guy. What then?

Do any of us think that we know more about what it would take to run an NFL Franchise than the expert hired to make that call? I sure don't.

http://www.panthers....92-1596a5c186c5

He's essentially an administrative assistant / liaison.

Would you really choose that over guys that have been working draft rooms and/or free agency for years like Ross or Gettleman?

#173 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,691 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

If fuging Jordan can wise up and sign Rich Cho, JR should at the very least be able to sign a very capable GM. At the very least not something as lazy and stupid as this.

Pat Y is trolling us pretty hard.

#174 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,414 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

http://www.panthers....92-1596a5c186c5

He's essentially an administrative assistant / liaison.

Would you really choose that over guys that have been working draft rooms and/or free agency for years like Ross or Gettleman?

here is literally no way i would do that.

i mean there is a chance that this guy is some superstar that the league didn't know existed and he could turn the franchise into a winning one, but the chances of that happening...i mean not just having someone with that little experience but it being someone that we had here all along?

better chance of getting mauled by a bear on a new york subway.

#175 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

here is literally no way i would do that.

i mean there is a chance that this guy is some superstar that the league didn't know existed and he could turn the franchise into a winning one, but the chances of that happening...i mean not just having someone with that little experience but it being someone that we had here all along?

better chance of getting mauled by a bear on a new york subway.

He's never even worked as a scout. How in the hell do you give a guy that hasn't even been a scout full charge over personnel evaluation?

As a side note, discussing this possibility has given me new insight into just up how bad an idea it was to put the fate of the team in the hands of a sports writer all those years back. I'm amazed we had the success we did.

#176 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

He's never even worked as a scout. How in the hell do you give a guy that hasn't even been a scout full charge over personnel evaluation?

As a side note, discussing this possibility has given me new insight into just up how bad an idea it was to put the fate of the team in the hands of a sports writer all those years back. I'm amazed we had the success we did.

this.

#177 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,414 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

at least that guy worked for a guy that was good at his job for years and had some decent experience in all phases before being named GM.

but even then it was a bad idea promoting from within, hindsight being 20/20.

it was a bad idea keeping him after fox was let go. just seems like this would be another in a pretty decent line of bad ideas.

#178 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

that's because our administration waits too long to fire people.

#179 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Lets say this again. Pat Y was only speculating on what will happen. He has no inside information or anything of that nature so I believe its all just noise at this point. We still have the offseason to interview and talk to other guys.

#180 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,601 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

whether he's the best candidate or not (which i doubt) isn't really the most important thing.

i can't see how beane would be significantly better than ross or gettleman or gamble or some of the other names mentioned. what is important is 1) getting an upgrade and 2) assuring the fanbase and PSL holders that you acknowledge the deficiencies within your organization and you aren't going to continue down the same path and you aren't going to try and keep everything in house, that you are willing to go outside your own failing organization for help in rebuilding.

i just can't see hiring beane as being a sign that we are determined to make things right here.

right or wrong, perception matters. the only way you promote from within is if you have a successful organization to begin with.

it demonstrates a resistance to outside opinion and change, you miss out on what could be a much needed injection of superior management practices and talent...and especially fresh eyes and perspectives, it makes it easy to repeat failed management behavior. it's a sign that you accept your status quo.

organizations have to have an influx of talent and in this case, it's needed at the top with the GM. if there is no influx of outside talent, a danger that exists is, well, the organizational gene pool gets too small and when that happens recessive and non-beneficial traits within the org. become dominant.

i can see how this might work...maybe...but there are too many reasons why this would be a bad thing. there are too many things that can go wrong.

Very well said. Congrats on a great post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com