Uh oh. Pat Y might just have dropped a bombshell. Get ready for Beane as GM

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#121 iampantherman

iampantherman

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

There is no way in hell that I believe Ernie Accorsi would recommend a logistics guy who's worked the easy part of the job for a matter of weeks over people he's worked with who actually have handled the true aspects of the job for years.

And if the organization is stupid enough to to go against Accorsi in favor of a dumbass move like this, the fan exodus will be massive.

When will we all learn. It doesn't matter what Accorsi says. JR will do things the JR way until JR is no more. He is an autocratic, controlling, bottom-line business man and nothing more, nothing less. Why are we amazed or even remotely fazed by any of JRs actions. He has shown who he is.

#122 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

coupled with keeping rivera, that would be a new low in panthers history

#123 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

I think he's right about Rivera and wrong about Beane.

#124 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

When will we all learn. It doesn't matter what Accorsi says. JR will do things the JR way until JR is no more. He is an autocratic, controlling, bottom-line business man and nothing more, nothing less. Why are we amazed or even remotely fazed by any of JRs actions. He has shown who he is.

Well an autocratic, controlling, bottom-line business man would not waste time and hire an outside source to look for a GM...a autocratic, controlling, bottom-line business man would make the choice himself no other input what so ever.

Thnx 4 playin

#125 iampantherman

iampantherman

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Well an autocratic, controlling, bottom-line business man would not waste time an hire an outside source to look for a GM...a autocratic, controlling, bottom-line business man would make the choice himself no other input what so ever.

Thnx 4 playin

You must be watching a different JR than I am.

#126 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationAlaska
HUDDLER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

I really don't want to believe this and yet it seems so typical of what we have witnessed through the years.

Really thought JR had "seen the light" when he finally canned Marty.

No way does Accorsi select anyone within this poorly run organization if he is tasked with finding the best possible candidates for the position of Panther's GM.

Too many vastly more qualified/experienced individuals in the league than Beane ready to move up.

A decision like this will indicate this organization is completely out of touch with reality.

#127 Gabeking

Gabeking

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Jason La Canfora

Direct link?

#128 unicar15

unicar15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

If this is true I freaking hate Jerry Richardson..

#129 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

I also think there’s a growing chance interim general manager Brandon Beane moves into that role on a permanent basis.

I just got home and read the "article". Its pure speculation at this point. If this came up in the off season then yeah it would be interesting but we haven't even interviewed other candidates yet.

#130 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• PipPipPipPip
TROLLOLOL

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

I just got home and read the "article". Its pure speculation at this point. If this came up in the off season then yeah it would be interesting but we haven't even interviewed other candidates yet.

JR might have known all along Beane was the guy. What doesnt make sense is if we hire Beane, why then did we fire Hurney to begin with? To motivate the team to win more? We havent won much since Hurney was fired and I dont see Beane making the tough decisions such as trading a aging Gross, trading D Will or Stewart and so on and so forth. Might as well bring back Hurney or have JR become Jerry Jones 2.0.

I really dont think Pat would make such a off a wall comment like keeping Beane as GM if he didnt hear any inside info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users