Photo
- - - - -

Uh oh. Pat Y might just have dropped a bombshell. Get ready for Beane as GM

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
193 replies to this topic

#193 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

first chance he gets.
Which, I don't know that Yas is a bad reporter, specifically. I think he just gets too caught up in what agents feed him. The only way the Beane bit is plausible, is if JR has somehow gained an exceptional level of patience and would want to see Rivera get another year.

The Rivera part is gaining ground I guess - a little success can turn around that bit about JR not necessarily wanting Rivera/blaming Rivera on Hurney, however you want to call it. But patience? No. And Accorsi isn't interested in Beane, and that's who'll be recommending who to hire obviously.

I'm guessing Beane has an agent. That was my first thought when I saw this bit from Yasinskas.

Could easily be pure speculation though. As written, it sounds like unsourced opinion.

#194 run1stdownrun2nddown

run1stdownrun2nddown

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Well if that's true, I'll be heading for the door. It'll confirm that JR is a cheap out of touch bastard and only cares about his money instead of winning. I can't support that.

Hiring a consultant to give you more options then deciding to go with a different option of your own does not make you a 'cheap out of touch bastard.' In fact, quite the opposite.