#18 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Well it would make sense if JR wanted to keep Ron Rivera for one more year since the team seems to be playing better down the stretch. Also if he wants to give Rivera 3 years to make a call, it makes sense to hire Beane to manage the cap going into next season. If Ron Rivera stays I think Beane will be the interim GM until JR makes his decision to part ways with Rivera.

This makes me wonder if JR is willing to give Ron the power to bring in and sign who he wants, and Beane will just be the cap guy, I would rather have Ron brining evaluating the talent and make decisions then a GM that is just a cap guy.

#19 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Sound like typical Jerry Richardson

Pinching Pennys

#20 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

How do any of you here know whether he would be a good choice or not?!? Leave it to the guys whos job it is to decide these things.....christ. You never know, Beane may lead us to the promised land.

#21 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Well it would make sense if JR wanted to keep Ron Rivera for one more year since the team seems to be playing better down the stretch. Also if he wants to give Rivera 3 years to make a call, it makes sense to hire Beane to manage the cap going into next season. If Ron Rivera stays I think Beane will be the interim GM until JR makes his decision to part ways with Rivera.

This makes me wonder if JR is willing to give Ron the power to bring in and sign who he wants, and Beane will just be the cap guy, I would rather have Ron brining evaluating the talent and make decisions then a GM that is just a cap guy.

either is a lose lose

#22 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

How do any of you here know whether he would be a good choice or not?!? Leave it to the guys whos job it is to decide these things.....christ. You never know, Beane may lead us to the promised land.

do you really think the guy that plans where the team travels is the chosen one to "lead us to the promised land"?

#23 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

I will say since losing hurney the talent that Ron has brought in has all been somewhat useful. Gano,Dockery,Addison,Chandler,Hogue come to mind right off the bat. So as has been mentioned I wouldn't be opposed to a 3rd year with beane in a 1 year deal if Ron can handle evaluating and coaching and can be successful I say go for it!

#24 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

I'll just say this... Anyone that lists Marty Hurney as a reference their resume becomes as worthless as the paper its printed on

#25 SmokeScreen

SmokeScreen

SHAKA NINJAs!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

I like this....

Posted Image

#26 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Imagine this place if JR not only announced Rivera's return but also announced Beane as new GM

#27 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,021 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

I agree but I follow Pat Y a lot and when he says things like this he is usually right. He was saying we would draft Kuechly back last Feb

Kuechly was obviously the BPA. I wouldn't give him too much credit for that one.

#28 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,058 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Given the upswing in team performance, I wouldn't be surprised if Beane was retained as interim GM for a year while Rivera proves whether or not he can get this team where it needs to be. If he tanks, everyone's gone. If he does well, maybe a GM is brought in via Accorsi on a more permanent basis, and can then decide whether or not to keep Ron.

Again, my only fear is turning into the Raiders and having a revolving door coaching staff that messes up Cam's progression.

#29 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,619 posts
  • LocationSC

Seriously doubt it.

For the record, a few years back, Yasinskas was continually saying that Mike McCoy was a lock for the OC job before it got handed to Jeff Davidson.

His 'inside source' on that one was Mike McCoy's agent.

#30 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

This makes me want to freestyle rap about how duck this is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.