193 replies to this topic

#46 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

LMAO, soooooo everyone here that is in a uproar over the possibility of Beane is that way because he's from the Panthers and not some other team?

I couldn't give two rat poo's about who we picked as long as he ends up being the right guy in the end, and saying Beane would be lousy at the Job is as asinine as saying he would be great at the Job at this point no one on hear knew who he was till Marty Hurney got fired. as fans we just don't know if this is good or not and to pretend otherwise is hilarious.

Truly LOL moment

#47 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,465 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

There is no way in hell that I believe Ernie Accorsi would recommend a logistics guy who's worked the easy part of the job for a matter of weeks over people he's worked with who actually have handled the true aspects of the job for years.

And if the organization is stupid enough to to go against Accorsi in favor of a dumbass move like this, the fan exodus will be massive.

#48 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

He has managed to bring in some productive free agents, Dockery, Addison etc...

I praise God that you people aren't in the front office or else no one except Bill Bellichek would get a chance to coach here.

#49 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,404 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Here comes Doc Holiday to tell us how dumb we all are and how superior his opinion is.

#50 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,440 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Accorsi just took the consulting money he got from JR, flew the family down to the Caribbean for a couple weeks, played some golf in Arizona, did his holiday shopping and then walked into JR's office and told him the dude for the job is right across the hall, sucka!

#51 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

There is no way in hell that I believe Ernie Accorsi would recommend a logistics guy who's worked the easy part of the job for a matter of weeks over people he's worked with who actually have handled the true aspects of the job for years.

And if the organization is stupid enough to to go against Accorsi in favor of a dumbass move like this, the fan exodus will be massive.

Doesn't matter if there just going to move to L.A. anyway lol.

#52 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 3,909 posts

What exactly would he have done in the last few weeks that would make anybody think he knows how to run a draft?

what exactly has he done to prove he's not? he was a low profile Panthers FO guy till Hurney got fired, we basically know nothing of the guy at this point and anyone that claims otherwise I lol @.

As I said in my other post I don't really care who we get for GM, as long as he ends up being the right guy. and at this point it's anyones guess.

#53 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,112 posts

Yea doc

Someone with a fresh perspective from a team that knows how to build a winner is needed. Not underlings from within a grossly mismanaged franchise

#54 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,640 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

i would start looking for the door.

#55 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

By the way, I read yesterday that you might be in favor of giving Rivera one more chance, well he will only get that chance under Beane. A new G.M. is more than likely going to want to hire a new staff.

#56 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

I'm just surprised some other team hasn't already stolen Hurney's protege out from under us. The Panthers organization sets an example, a blueprint of excellence that most of the league looks to and quite frankly we'd be pretty stupid to try and bring in lesser talent from lesser organizations.

This would be a great, visionary move.

#57 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Yea doc

Someone with a fresh perspective from a team that knows how to build a winner is needed. Not underlings from within a grossly mismanaged franchise

Eric Magian

Josh McDainiels

Charlie Weiss

Romeo Crennel

All former Patriots coordinators who went to their new teams with a fresh perspectives from the only Dynasty of the last 15 years of the NFL, and they all failed miserably at their new HC jobs.

It's not about name recognition or who they were before they got to you it's just about getting the right guy for the job.

Coach K and Dean in Basket Ball were completely unknown before they were hired by their school and later became living Legends of the sport.

I don't care who we pick as gm, don't care where they came from or what their prior expirence is as longs as the powers that be within the organization think he's the right man for the Job I'm fine with that.

Believe it or not but I do believe that some people that are paid millions of dollars a year are more capably of making a hiring decision on a new GM then anyone here on this MB myself included.

#58 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,465 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

what exactly has he done to prove he's not? he was a low profile Panthers FO guy till Hurney got fired, we basically know nothing of the guy at this point and anyone that claims otherwise I lol @.

As I said in my other post I don't really care who we get for GM, as long as he ends up being the right guy. and at this point it's anyones guess.

I don't care what team he's from.

I'm not down with putting a guy who's never even worked as an area scout in charge of our entire draft.

#59 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,112 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Keep talking about HCs and basketball coaches doc it's really proving a point here when we're talking about football operations executives

#60 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,917 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

I don't care what team he's from.

I'm not down with putting a guy who's never even worked as an area scout in charge of our entire draft.

I agree. And for the love of everything holy, at the very least this organization needs some fresh perspective.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com