#62 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

We have some of the most paranoid fans in the NFL, you don't see Browns fans acting like this.

You are a fan, not an employee of the Panthers; quit acting like your opinion matters.

#63 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

This would be JR's greatest mistake to date. It's very hard to believe it's true, but if so, how many of you now think that letter from PSL owners was misguided?

This isn't about Beane (for the few on here that think he would be fine). Beane may be an up and coming young mind. At this point though, he has zero personnel experience, and that is the most important part of the job.

I just can't believe JR would be that stupid.

#64 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,267 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

If we don't get Ross ill be so sad. Put me on suicide watch if its beane over Ross or gamble.

#65 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,468 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Throw some poo at the wall, see if it sticks.

#66 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

We have some of the most paranoid fans in the NFL, you don't see Browns fans acting like this.

You are a fan, not an employee of the Panthers; quit acting like your opinion matters.

Hey Bucko, who do you think contributes those billions of dollars the NFL brings in every year? Santa and his elves? It's the fans. The people that pump up TV ratings, that buy PSL's, and that go to the games.

If their opinion doesn't matter, who's does?

#67 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

I'm not down with putting a guy who's never even worked as an area scout in charge of our entire draft.

You and I both know that there isn't just 1 guy making all the calls on all the players that the Panthers look at to draft so I see that as a moot point.

He has an entire scouting department to look at players for him and he would also be getting feedback from Rivera on who Rivera would want and bounce ideas off him.

Hurney got fired because he was asked the question by JR "how do we fix this?" and he answered "I don't know" which is the wrong answer to give a man who is paying you millions of dollars to run a team.

My Biggest questions about Beane are, is he a good manager, is he a good communicator? can he get all facets of this team working in one direction together for one common thought and goal, this is the big question.

Not does he have the proper experience scouting players, he has a whole department for that. I think the best thing many Fans can do to understand the job of a sports GM is to go watch the movie Moneyball about the Oakland A's GM Billy Beane. may learn something about what makes a good GM, Beane did such a good job they made a movie about him.

#68 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Hey Bucko, who do you think contributes those billions of dollars the NFL brings in every year? Santa and his elves? It's the fans. The people that pump up TV ratings, that buy PSL's, and that go to the games.

If their opinion doesn't matter, who's does?

Those in charge, I've never heard of a fan being the reason that a coach/gm got hired. Have you?

#69 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Keep talking about HCs and basketball coaches doc it's really proving a point here when we're talking about football operations executives

I'm talking about prior organizational success dictating future success of people attached to the said organization, that was the point, apparently it went right over your head.

#70 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Refuse to believe this until it's announced...JR won't take a gamble this big..

#71 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,012 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

You and I both know that there isn't just 1 guy making all the calls on all the players that the Panthers look at to draft so I see that as a moot point.

He has an entire scouting department to look at players for him and he would also be getting feedback from Rivera on who Rivera would want and bounce ideas off him.

Hurney got fired because he was asked the question by JR "how do we fix this?" and he answered "I don't know" which is the wrong answer to give a man who is paying you millions of dollars to run a team.

My Biggest questions about Beane are, is he a good manager, is he a good communicator? can he get all facets of this team working in one direction together for one common thought and goal, this is the big question.

Not does he have the proper experience scouting players, he has a whole department for that. I think the best thing many Fans can do to understand the job of a sports GM is to go watch the movie Moneyball about the Oakland A's GM Billy Beane. may learn something about what makes a good GM, Beane did such a good job they made a movie about him.

But where's the logic in picking a guy like that over a guy who does have experience in all of those areas?

Going this route is what got us Marty Hurney.

#72 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,400 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Go watch Moneyball...lmaooooo.

#73 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,372 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

This makes sense... My coworkers best friend works with coaching stuff and she told her friend she will retain her job for at least one more season per JR.

#74 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

"why you posting thoughts on a message board lol shut up and give the team you money"

#75 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Go watch Moneyball...lmaooooo.

THEIR LAST NAMES ARE THE SAME!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com