Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Smith needs 105 yards

106 posts in this topic

Posted

Panthers55....you started off saying Kuechly shouldn't run the offense....you can't even typo that...defense / offense...even if you tried hahah whatever get outta here meat

Posted

I really hope he does it this week and if he doesn't, I'll be honest, I'd rather we see a bunch of other receivers step up in the final week @ Saints rather than Smith break it there. I just want to see it accomplished at home. But I think he's capable, especially against this Raiders secondary.

Posted

Beason was hurt even during preseason. He was coming off a terrible Achilles injury and sometimes when guys don't fully recover they experience other injuries such as a knee on the same leg...the shoulder...who knows what happened...either way....his body wasn't ready. As for the Boston college comment...yea he played middle there...he set NCAA records for tackles. It's his natural position. Of course it would translate. And what do you think happens when guys audible? They see something and a light goes off and they change the play...it's called using your gut...aka instincts lol??? The league is different now....rookies are thrown into the fire right away....and the loyalty issue...no where did I mention Fox...so that point doesn't make sense.

Loyalty is when you award guys outrageous contracts when they have underperformed, have done nothing but lose, or come off horrific injuries but pay em anyway...

Good try though

First of all I was a huge supporter of Kuechly and mentioned him on the huddle as my choice long before most of you even heard about him so spare me the details about Luke. I was the one telling all of you about him and am well aware of his abilities and limitations. And clearly you have no clue about the difference between our defense and the one he played in at Boston college or you wouldn't persist that he could walk into this defense and not have a pretty steep learning curve. And no you don't audiblize because you get a gut feeling, you audibalize because you watched film all week and studied the tendencies of the other team and worked on how to counter various formations based on down and distance. The instinct then comes in when you react to the play and flow to the ball. The difference is worrying about where you need to be versus where the other 7 guys on the front seven are going to be. By closing off options by the defense you play you try and force the offense to react to you not react to them which is the opposite of being instinctual. If you don't understand that basis concept we likely can't have a conversation.

Loyalty is where you pay your players and show the team that instead of throwing players under the bus when they get hurt you will stick with them like we did with Davis. And it paid off huge dividends. The issue with players like Williams and Stewart was not that we paid them so much but that we paid them and then didn't build the offense around them. Otherwise it became wasted money.

Posted

Panthers55....you started off saying Kuechly shouldn't run the offense....you can't even typo that...defense / offense...even if you tried hahah whatever get outta here meat

I haven't heard a conversation like this since I talked with my middle schooler an hour ago. Try elevating yourself to at least adult status.......

Posted

p55 you say that we could build an offense to utilize williams and stewart enough to justify those ridiculous contract extensions as if it would be practical.

Posted

I haven't heard a conversation like this since I talked with my middle schooler an hour ago. Try elevating yourself to at least adult status.......

I'm not the one saying Kuechly runs the offense.

Posted

First of all I was a huge supporter of Kuechly and mentioned him on the huddle as my choice long before most of you even heard about him so spare me the details about Luke. I was the one telling all of you about him and am well aware of his abilities and limitations. And clearly you have no clue about the difference between our defense and the one he played in at Boston college or you wouldn't persist that he could walk into this defense and not have a pretty steep learning curve. And no you don't audiblize because you get a gut feeling, you audibalize because you watched film all week and studied the tendencies of the other team and worked on how to counter various formations based on down and distance. The instinct then comes in when you react to the play and flow to the ball. The difference is worrying about where you need to be versus where the other 7 guys on the front seven are going to be. By closing off options by the defense you play you try and force the offense to react to you not react to them which is the opposite of being instinctual. If you don't understand that basis concept we likely can't have a conversation.

Loyalty is where you pay your players and show the team that instead of throwing players under the bus when they get hurt you will stick with them like we did with Davis. And it paid off huge dividends. The issue with players like Williams and Stewart was not that we paid them so much but that we paid them and then didn't build the offense around them. Otherwise it became wasted money.

Ok mr one upper...learning curve...linebacker and running back are two of the easiest positions to transition coming from college. Yea I guess every move that happens on a football field is a cold calculation based on what they saw on film 100% of the time...no way that a player trusts himself to make a call or make a play based on how the game is playing out......you can defend the coaching leaving Beason in the middle....I wanted him to sit out until he was 100% healthy because we landed Luke. And no freaking poo of course you want to anticipate. It's like when I'm patrolling center field reading swings trying to get a jump on the ball so I can run down a ball over my head or in front of me....some times I take a chance it's called using my instincts based on how the at bat is going...instincts occur before and during the play...basic high level athletics here....if you can't understand that....

And what Mister Love said regarding your other statement with contracts

Posted

p55 you say that we could build an offense to utilize williams and stewart enough to justify those ridiculous contract extensions as if it would be practical.

First of all the contracts have not been ridiculous up to this point. Williams who makes the lion share is getting paid 4.75 million this year as a salary. With the signing bonus the hit to the cap is roughly 8 million. Stewart as a salary is making $875,000 with a signing bonus of 1.9 million or a total of 2.75 million.

That is quite a bit but the 8 million is what the going rate is for a franchise back and Stewart has been cheap up to this point. Williams will stay the same roughly but Stewart will be making the bigger money next year.

So really the issue is not whether they were ridiculous up to now because that weren't but whether they will be next year when the costs really add up.

Posted

First of all the contracts have not been ridiculous up to this point. Williams who makes the lion share is getting paid 4.75 million this year as a salary. With the signing bonus the hit to the cap is roughly 8 million. Stewart as a salary is making $875,000 with a signing bonus of 1.9 million or a total of 2.75 million.

That is quite a bit but the 8 million is what the going rate is for a franchise back and Stewart has been cheap up to this point. Williams will stay the same roughly but Stewart will be making the bigger money next year.

So really the issue is not whether they were ridiculous up to now because that weren't but whether they will be next year when the costs really add up.

Oh boy mr love is gonna rip u a new one on this I predict

Posted

spoiler alert: they won't produce enough next year to justify what we're paying for them to be on the team

not with the way teams are able to get more production out of their backs with far less investment. our backs are against the ceiling financially and we're going to have to do some retarded cap gymnastics just to keep our emerging players in the coming years, let alone bringing in quality FAs to make us more competitive.

Posted

doubles

Posted

Ok mr one upper...learning curve...linebacker and running back are two of the easiest positions to transition coming from college. Yea I guess every move that happens on a football field is a cold calculation based on what they saw on film 100% of the time...no way that a player trusts himself to make a call or make a play based on how the game is playing out......you can defend the coaching leaving Beason in the middle....I wanted him to sit out until he was 100% healthy because we landed Luke. And no freaking poo of course you want to anticipate. It's like when I'm patrolling center field reading swings trying to get a jump on the ball so I can run down a ball over my head or in front of me....some times I take a chance it's called using my instincts based on how the at bat is going...instincts occur before and during the play...basic high level athletics here....if you can't understand that....

And what Mister Love said regarding your other statement with contracts

First of all linebacker is not easy in every scheme. Your overgeneralizations suggest you know enough to be a casual fan but don't really understand the interworkings of our defense. Otherwise you would know that in a JIm Johnson scheme everyone on the team has to be accountable on every play and they have multiple responsibilities that take time to learn and understand. And your whole understanding of what you call instincts is totally unrelated to audibalizing on a play in response to the offense changing formations at the line of scrimmage before a snap. You set up the defense based on down and distance based on the offensive formation. Then you look for certain tells such as where the guard goes which on this formation means they are running to the outside or running a draw, etc. So the defense lines up to defend that formation. And the whole center field thing is again throwing random things on the wall hoping to make a point. We could also discuss what you think is instincts is the result of careful film work, superior athletic ability and intelligence or we can go with your centerfield gobbledegoop.

Lets agree to disagree because I have no desire to go back and forth about the finer points of the game when only one of us has any clue what we talking about,