Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A little Raider Memory...

45 posts in this topic

Posted

7/27 72 yds 1 TD 4 INT

lol

I was at that game, LOL. Raiders fans were asking "why aren't you beating the crap out of us?"

Posted

andrew walter started and the raiders even had to put marques tuiasosopo in at the end. we were spared the jamarcus russell experience sadly.

that game was a hilarious shitshow. total trainwreck.

Posted

Moose caught that 1 TD. This game is an example of one in which THE DEFENSE WON IT. JP had 3 sacks that day I believe. Might've forced a fumble that set up a FG. I know that #89 got shut down by Nnamdi, Jake looked horrible, and we still won.

Posted

I'mma go old school...What about Fred Lane's break out game in 97 against the raiders...he rushed for 3 TDs I think

Posted

once upon a time there was a panthers team that could pull out a victory even if the starting quarterback went 7/27 and threw four interceptions

I was going to say... that is what I remember about this game, unfortunately. Jake had quite the rough day.

Posted

Damn I miss Hoov

1 person likes this

Posted

Tolbert fills in rather nicely, though. But I do miss hearing "HOOOOOOOOOOOV!!!"

Posted

i remember that williams went looking for a panther fan to give the ball to and ended up having raiders fans spitting on him.

Posted

My little Raider memory was back on January 25, 1981, that day I became a Raider fan when they won SuperBowl XV. I was nothing but a Raider fan from then until September 17, 1995. The rest is a blur.....

Posted

I grew up a Raider fan and owned season tix for several years after they moved to LA. When I moved to the east coast I gave them up... but they weren't PSL's, just the good, old-fashioned season tickets that cost me about $750 a year for the pair.

I was die-hard Raider Nation guy until Al Davis fugged over Marcus Allen and Art Shell. Then he started messing up drafts and going total Alzheimers while refusing to give up any control. Al Davis, as much as I loved the guy, pissed me off and screwed up the Raiders for years to come.

And the worst? Kerry Collins coming into BOA in 2004 and beating the Panthers 27-24. Jake throws 3 TDs, Panther running backs Nick Goings and Brad Hoover total less than 30 yards, Collins throws 0 TDs and a pick....

The best? In 1982 when I was still in the Navy I actually got to slide a Raider Super Bowl ring on my finger from their 27-10 victory over the Eagles. So what it belonged to a player personnel guy- it was still a Super Bowl ring!

Posted

i remember that williams went looking for a panther fan to give the ball to and ended up having raiders fans spitting on him.

WTF?? This is what's wrong with the world today...

Posted

I lived in Ca at the time and went to the game. It was fun, but got out quickly. We weren't waiting around for any trouble.