Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A little Raider Memory...

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Here's my Raider memory. Walking across the BART ramp (basically the subway train through the SF Bay Area, connects directly to O.co Coliseum and Oracle Arena) in enemy territory wearing my Smitty Storm jersey. I took my sweater off (in right hand) and told my mom to take a picture because she feared I'd get killed. fug the Raiders.

raidergame.jpg

Dude...you have some giant Johnies!

Posted

7/27 72 yds 1 TD 4 INT

lol

The Golden Calf of Bristol is that you?

Posted

WTF?? This is what's wrong with the world today...

There's been something wrong with Raider fans for decades.

1 person likes this

Posted

Speaking of Raider memories, didn't Al Davis threaten to sue over our team colors? Anyone else remember that?

1 person likes this

Posted

Williams actually had a really impressive run that game that wasn't his TD he got got behind the LOS but avoided tacklers for a first down. It was really great.

Posted

Speaking of Raider memories, didn't Al Davis threaten to sue over our team colors? Anyone else remember that?

yep.

first time i really paid attention to al davis. forgot about that.

After a visit to Charlotte, Oakland Raiders confrontational owner Al Davis became enraged at Carolina’s decision to include silver and black in their color scheme.

In 1996, Davis filed a lawsuit against the NFL and the Panthers, citing trademark infringements, basically implying the Panthers had stolen their color scheme by using black and silver. (He filed a similar lawsuit against Tampa Bay because of their team logo).

The case would eventually be dismissed on a summary judgment because the relief sought would violate the Commerce Clause of the United States Constitution.

They were the Carolina Panthers now — and their colors were Panther blue, silver and black.

http://local.gastongazette.com/panthers_retro/page_1.htm

it didn't stop there, either. brought back up in '03.

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) -- The Oakland Raiders have asked a judge to prevent the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Carolina Panthers from wearing their uniforms for games in California because they violate the Raiders' trademark rights.

The Raiders claim Tampa Bay's pirate logo is too similar to Oakland's. And the Raiders object to the Panthers' uniforms because two colors -- silver and black -- match those of the Raiders.

NFL spokesman Joe Browne said the issue is one of a handful that remain from a 1996 suit by the Raiders listing multiple grievances against the league. Some were transferred to courts in Los Angeles, where another Raiders case against the league is being fought.

Others already have been dismissed by Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge John Herlihy. He did not rule Tuesday on the Raiders' efforts to seek a court order against the NFL banning those uniforms in California.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2003/04/17/raiders_lawsuit_ap/

Posted

Lord, Davis was a noodle in his latter days.

Posted

Lord, Davis was a noodle in his latter days.

meaning the latter decades.

wasn't he 863 years old when he "died"? i think he came over on the santa maria.

Posted

Ahhh I misses those old days when we were once a competitive team.

Posted

Ahhh I misses those old days when we were once a competitive team.

we're still competitive. almost every team we lost to we gave them a run for the money. if we had a staff that knew how to finish games consistently we might have been more than competitive, and by that i mean winning.
1 person likes this

Posted

meaning the latter decades.

wasn't he 863 years old when he "died"? i think he came over on the santa maria.

Is there any proof that he's really dead? :unsure:

Posted

Is there any proof that he's really dead? :unsure:

within 30 years a strange old man will show up out of the shadows and buy the new World Football League team to be located in Thailand.

he will smell of corn chowder and look like his face was dragged through the streets behind a rock salt truck with the exception of a new nose that was covered with the skin of an albino seal. he'll walk up to the camera with a scowl and say, "when you call me, you can call me al.

call me al."