• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

I'mma go old school...What about Fred Lane's break out game in 97 against the raiders...he rushed for 3 TDs I think

#17 heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

once upon a time there was a panthers team that could pull out a victory even if the starting quarterback went 7/27 and threw four interceptions

I was going to say... that is what I remember about this game, unfortunately. Jake had quite the rough day.

#18 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Damn I miss Hoov

#19 heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Tolbert fills in rather nicely, though. But I do miss hearing "HOOOOOOOOOOOV!!!"

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

i remember that williams went looking for a panther fan to give the ball to and ended up having raiders fans spitting on him.

#21 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

My little Raider memory was back on January 25, 1981, that day I became a Raider fan when they won SuperBowl XV. I was nothing but a Raider fan from then until September 17, 1995. The rest is a blur.....

#22 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

I grew up a Raider fan and owned season tix for several years after they moved to LA. When I moved to the east coast I gave them up... but they weren't PSL's, just the good, old-fashioned season tickets that cost me about $750 a year for the pair.

I was die-hard Raider Nation guy until Al Davis fugged over Marcus Allen and Art Shell. Then he started messing up drafts and going total Alzheimers while refusing to give up any control. Al Davis, as much as I loved the guy, pissed me off and screwed up the Raiders for years to come.

And the worst? Kerry Collins coming into BOA in 2004 and beating the Panthers 27-24. Jake throws 3 TDs, Panther running backs Nick Goings and Brad Hoover total less than 30 yards, Collins throws 0 TDs and a pick....

The best? In 1982 when I was still in the Navy I actually got to slide a Raider Super Bowl ring on my finger from their 27-10 victory over the Eagles. So what it belonged to a player personnel guy- it was still a Super Bowl ring!

#23 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

i remember that williams went looking for a panther fan to give the ball to and ended up having raiders fans spitting on him.

WTF?? This is what's wrong with the world today...

#24 strik9

strik9

Think before you post

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

I lived in Ca at the time and went to the game. It was fun, but got out quickly. We weren't waiting around for any trouble.

#25 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,533 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

Here's my Raider memory. Walking across the BART ramp (basically the subway train through the SF Bay Area, connects directly to O.co Coliseum and Oracle Arena) in enemy territory wearing my Smitty Storm jersey. I took my sweater off (in right hand) and told my mom to take a picture because she feared I'd get killed. fug the Raiders.

Posted Image

Dude...you have some giant Johnies!

#26 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

7/27 72 yds 1 TD 4 INT

lol

The Golden Calf of Bristol is that you?

#27 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,922 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

WTF?? This is what's wrong with the world today...

There's been something wrong with Raider fans for decades.

#28 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,922 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Speaking of Raider memories, didn't Al Davis threaten to sue over our team colors? Anyone else remember that?

#29 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Williams actually had a really impressive run that game that wasn't his TD he got got behind the LOS but avoided tacklers for a first down. It was really great.

#30 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Speaking of Raider memories, didn't Al Davis threaten to sue over our team colors? Anyone else remember that?

yep.

first time i really paid attention to al davis. forgot about that.

After a visit to Charlotte, Oakland Raiders confrontational owner Al Davis became enraged at Carolina’s decision to include silver and black in their color scheme.

In 1996, Davis filed a lawsuit against the NFL and the Panthers, citing trademark infringements, basically implying the Panthers had stolen their color scheme by using black and silver. (He filed a similar lawsuit against Tampa Bay because of their team logo).

The case would eventually be dismissed on a summary judgment because the relief sought would violate the Commerce Clause of the United States Constitution.

They were the Carolina Panthers now — and their colors were Panther blue, silver and black.
http://local.gastong...etro/page_1.htm

it didn't stop there, either. brought back up in '03.

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) -- The Oakland Raiders have asked a judge to prevent the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Carolina Panthers from wearing their uniforms for games in California because they violate the Raiders' trademark rights.

The Raiders claim Tampa Bay's pirate logo is too similar to Oakland's. And the Raiders object to the Panthers' uniforms because two colors -- silver and black -- match those of the Raiders.

NFL spokesman Joe Browne said the issue is one of a handful that remain from a 1996 suit by the Raiders listing multiple grievances against the league. Some were transferred to courts in Los Angeles, where another Raiders case against the league is being fought.

Others already have been dismissed by Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge John Herlihy. He did not rule Tuesday on the Raiders' efforts to seek a court order against the NFL banning those uniforms in California.
http://sportsillustr...ers_lawsuit_ap/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.