• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#11 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• LocationConnecticut
SUPPORTER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

hmmm...so the choice is a legit GM or beane.

Posted Image

#12 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Posted Image

lol holy screen rape batman!

too funny, though.

#13 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationRaleigh NC
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Aren't people suppose to be excited after a win? It doesn't change anything, we are still 5-9. Bringing Rivera back next year will be the worst for this team. He can't win when it matters the most. We go 2-8 and the season is basically over then we win. I gave him a break last year but not this year.

#14 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

Aren't people suppose to be excited after a win? It doesn't change anything, we are still 5-9. Bringing Rivera back next year will be the worst for this team. He can't win when it matters the most. We go 2-8 and the season is basically over then we win. I gave him a break last year but not this year.

Yup, bringing him back based on the past few games would be a disaster. These late season wins against poo teams are meaningless as to the long term development of the team. Frankly, I can at least understand the position of someone who has thought he shouldn't be fired all season. But the people who quickly wanted to fire him and are now back to wanting to keep him because of the past few games don't operate with a shred of sense. Knee jerk reactions based on useless data.

#15 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Just imagine how happy they'll be winning super bowls with the next head coach

#16 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• LocationAt the lake
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

That is old tired rhetoric. Rivera isn't the one that can't win when it mattered the most, it was the Panther's players. How many comebacks in the last 5 minutes has Newton managed in his 2 seasons?? I don't remember any?? How many times was the secondary stout holding off the other's team's offense at the end in the first 10 games? None.

Sure the buck stops with the coach but anyone knows that with young players in a new system there is a learning curve. The players are learning to win and keep the hammer down. The offense is learning how to finish and score in the 4th quarter. The defense is staying aggressive to the end. How many times in the first 10 games did we have a chance to shut out a team with an interception but we dropped the ball, I can think of 4 times at least. Against the chargers for example Davis shut them down when they were threatening with a big pick. And we can go and on. Sure rivera has made mistakes and has failed to be aggressive when he should have. But he surely didn't fail to make plays on the field, that was the players. They get just as much blame or more for the way we lost than Rivera.

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

And some guys say that Rivera has lost the locker room lol
I'm gonna lol when he is retained as head coach.

Yea you were one of us calling for Chico's head too.

#18 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Bring him back. A new offense might hold this team back

#19 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• LocationRaleigh NC
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

That is old tired rhetoric. Rivera isn't the one that can't win when it mattered the most, it was the Panther's players. How many comebacks in the last 5 minutes has Newton managed in his 2 seasons?? I don't remember any?? How many times was the secondary stout holding off the other's team's offense at the end in the first 10 games? None.

Sure the buck stops with the coach but anyone knows that with young players in a new system there is a learning curve. The players are learning to win and keep the hammer down. The offense is learning how to finish and score in the 4th quarter. The defense is staying aggressive to the end. How many times in the first 10 games did we have a chance to shut out a team with an interception but we dropped the ball, I can think of 4 times at least. Against the chargers for example Davis shut them down when they were threatening with a big pick. And we can go and on. Sure rivera has made mistakes and has failed to be aggressive when he should have. But he surely didn't fail to make plays on the field, that was the players. They get just as much blame or more for the way we lost than Rivera.

Ok, ok let's blame everything on the players. The players are the one's that's game planning and making adjustments. Let's not forget about the guys who are supposedly putting players in the right position. I can count on my hands and toes how many times the coaches failed at putting the players in the right spot to succeed. It works both ways. All I'm saying is Rivera hasn't showing me anything that proves to me that he should keep his job.If you ask me this deja vu all over again from last year. The only thing I will give Rivera credit on is putting a better defense on the field, everything else has been fail just like this season.

#20 MCC

MCC

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

http://cinemagr.am/show/79228313

Pickles is still celebrating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users