#31 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Yea you were one of us calling for Chico's head too.

You sir are a liar. Go find a post that I made where I made such remarks. I only have around 400 posts so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

#32 1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Just imagine how happy they'll be winning super bowls with the next head coach

There gonna win it with Rivera.

#33 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Players

Coaches

Hmm lets see

Who idea was it to play and start Naka over Martin? LOL

Who idea was it to install the read option as our main package? LOL

Clock management, no trust in kicking field goals or going for 4th down... all on coaches

Even with all those mistakes you mentioned, we still had a chance to win games. Players didn't execute down the stretch. You can't blame just only coaching.

I'm glad that many of you are not in management positions with Panthers. My god....

#34 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,518 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

You sir are a liar. Go find a post that I made where I made such remarks. I only have around 400 posts so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

I dnt need to find one. I know you were bit(hing about Rivera to your wife or GF at one time.

#35 heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

Go find a post that I made where I made such remarks. I only have around 400 posts so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Except it will, because your posts are unreadable with a signature like that. :o

It took me 14 attempts to read your post in full.

#36 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,669 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Even with all those mistakes you mentioned, we still had a chance to win games. Players didn't execute down the stretch. You can't blame just only coaching.

I'm glad that many of you are not in management positions with Panthers. My god....

Yeah bum players executing lol

Other teams play too and its all about game planning. It doesn't matter who's on the field if your gameplan is wrong

#37 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,098 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

When we retain rivera and beane and the huddle predicts super bowl all offseason, then we lose to tampa next year to start 0-1 and you want everyone fired, ill just say i told u so. Heard this jingle before

#38 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,098 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

When we retain rivera and beane and the huddle predicts super bowl all offseason, then we lose to tampa next year to start 0-1 and you want everyone fired, ill just say i told u so. Heard this jingle before

#39 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

I dnt need to find one. I know you were bit(hing about Rivera to your wife or GF at one time.

I thought you were trolling me but you are actually serious about this. I think you have me confuse with someone else.

EDIT: FYI, I've been supportive of Rivera all season. I just rarely post topics/replies (notice my low post count)

#40 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

Yeah bum players executing lol

Other teams play too and its all about game planning. It doesn't matter who's on the field if your gameplan is wrong

All these games that we have lost could have been won despite "poor coaching" if the players executed down the stretch. When said players don't execute, its much easier to blame the coach than the player.

The blame still goes on the coaching but the players deserves some of it too.

#41 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,978 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

Seems like a reasonable celebration after a win in the NFL.

#42 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

It's great that the players are still playing hard. But let's be real they have a lot to play for, many of these guys are fighting for new deals, to keep their current deal, or to keep their roster spot when the new GM rolls in. It's great that they like coach Rivera. However I haven't forgotten the Falcons starting a 2minute drill from the 1 yard line to beat us. I haven't forgotten our prevent offense against the Bucs. Our 2 Tds in 12 seconds against the Bears. We lost to the Chiefs damnit. Many of our games were oh so close yet always out of reach. Rivera created new and interesting ways to beat his own team like last year when he called a timeout to get Kasay onto the field for the Saints.

Cam had a game winning drive vs. the Jaguars. He also had a special drive vs. the Vikings that was ended by a bogus Steve Smith hold followed by a Olindo Mare missed chip shot. Cam had a game winning drive last year at home vs the Saints but the Defense then surrened a soft Touchdhown to Brees and we lost that game. I would love to see us manage late game situations better but I do not hold that against the players. I hold that against coaching.

#43 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

It was either Tampa, Dallas, or ATL were we played such soft coverage in the final 2 minutes that they just played pitch and catch down the field. It was way too easy. It may have been all three games. The coaches should be teaching these guys better than that. I'm no defensive expert myself but I can clearly see that was too easy for the other team.

#44 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,044 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

That is old tired rhetoric. Rivera isn't the one that can't win when it mattered the most, it was the Panther's players. How many comebacks in the last 5 minutes has Newton managed in his 2 seasons?? I don't remember any?? How many times was the secondary stout holding off the other's team's offense at the end in the first 10 games? None.

Sure the buck stops with the coach but anyone knows that with young players in a new system there is a learning curve. The players are learning to win and keep the hammer down. The offense is learning how to finish and score in the 4th quarter. The defense is staying aggressive to the end. How many times in the first 10 games did we have a chance to shut out a team with an interception but we dropped the ball, I can think of 4 times at least. Against the chargers for example Davis shut them down when they were threatening with a big pick. And we can go and on. Sure rivera has made mistakes and has failed to be aggressive when he should have. But he surely didn't fail to make plays on the field, that was the players. They get just as much blame or more for the way we lost than Rivera.

amen

#45 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,106 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Players

Coaches

Hmm lets see

Who idea was it to play and start Naka over Martin? LOL

Who idea was it to install the read option as our main package? LOL

Clock management, no trust in kicking field goals or going for 4th down... all on coaches

Whose idea was it to let White get behind them when they were in a prevent and all they had to do was knock down the pass.

Whose idea was it to skip a pass into the ground at the 1 yard line when the receiver was all alone in the endzone.

Whose idea as it to get a first down and then fumble the ball backwards so it ended up being 4th and 1.

I am sure the coaches told the players to do those things. It cuts both ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.