Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slippery slope for professionals?

61 posts in this topic

Posted

Would Adam have had one if law abiding mom didn't have one?

Nope

Would he have done the same or worse either way? Most likely.

Posted

Would he have done the same or worse either way? Most likely.

Not at all.

Posted

Not at all.

You can't make a definitive statement on one hypothetical and then disagree with a definitive statement on another hypothetical.

Posted

I don't agree with stirs that we're "changing the constitution because of one tragedy" but you have no way of knowing this... if mom hadn't had guns, he could have gotten them from somewhere else.

like where? The kid was scared to talk to his barber. He going ot hit the streets in search of guns?

Posted

You can't make a definitive statement on one hypothetical and then disagree with a definitive statement on another hypothetical.

You are saying he could do as much damage in the same amount of time with weapons that take longer to use and less accurate. I don't think that is possible.

Posted

I would gladly concede to bringing back the assault weapons ban of the '90s and make background checks at gun shows mandatory IF a lot more was done to get these sick minded people off the streets and into places that can really help them (or just contain them). And I dont mean just tossing more drugs down their throats.

Posted

You are saying he could do as much damage in the same amount of time with weapons that take longer to use and less accurate. I don't think that is possible.

I was saying the same amount of damage or worse could be done with a lesser weapon.

It's entirely possible.

Take a .38 special revolver.

Go buy a flare gun.

Wait near a nearby gas station.

Shoot the driver of the gas truck.

Drive to/into school.

Open valve.

Shot truck with Flare Gun.

Worse tragedy.

Evil does Evil things with a AR-15 or whatever.

We don't know how much planning or time he had put into this.

I can't imagine he woke up last week and said....."I'm going to murder some innocents today"

Posted

I would gladly concede to bringing back the assault weapons ban of the '90s and make background checks at gun shows mandatory IF a lot more was done to get these sick minded people off the streets and into places that can really help them (or just contain them). And I dont mean just tossing more drugs down their throats.

You can't buy a pistol at a Gun Show W.O a permit.

You can't buy a AR w.o a permit.

Posted

like where? The kid was scared to talk to his barber. He going ot hit the streets in search of guns?

Right. The kid that was scared to talk to his barber... that put 4 bullets in his mom's face.... that shot his way into an Elementary School and shot 6 adults in the face and 20 kids... yeah, that kid couldn't muster the courage to find a gun. No way.

My point is, you can't say with certainty what he would have/could have done.

Posted

Why are we all ignoring the fact that carrying a gun makes you grow a second dick?

Posted

Why are we all ignoring the fact that carrying a gun makes you grow a second dick?

Typical Delhommey Tinderbox Cut Down.

I shall retort.

Why are we all ignoring that anti-gun folks are all just giant pussies.

1 person likes this

Posted

I was saying the same amount of damage or worse could be done with a lesser weapon.

It's entirely possible.

Take a .38 special revolver.

Go buy a flare gun.

Wait near a nearby gas station.

Shoot the driver of the gas truck.

Drive to/into school.

Open valve.

Shot truck with Flare Gun.

Worse tragedy.

Evil does Evil things with a AR-15 or whatever.

We don't know how much planning or time he had put into this.

I can't imagine he woke up last week and said....."I'm going to murder some innocents today"

Well then we might as well make rocket launchers legal. I said this after the theater shooting and I'll say it even louder now. AR-15s with 30 round clips shouldn't be legal. I haven't shot much but the little I have, I know I'd do a lot more damage with the AR-15 i shot then with the few handguns I've shot.