Photo
- - - - -

Why do you need to give a coach three years to prove himself?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#61 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

Actuallly there are things that give me pause but those are not the major ones for me. For example explain to me how we can have 18 guys on IR last year and we have 17 on IR this year with 2 games left. That is 35 guys over the 2 year including roughly 10 starters. Given the close losses and bad luck we have had, is there some kind of bad luck juju that has followed Rivera and McDermott here. I wonder how they can be playing at such a high level starting guys who just 2 weeks ago were on the practice squad.

Yeah, we have a different view on things, but that's okay. It would be a boring world otherwise.

As to the IR question, some of it is probably due to us being out of contention early in the last few seasons. So if you are already in week 8, for example, and a guy has a 6 week injury, you are probably better off getting a look at a younger guy and just putting the starter on the shelf. It's not like you have to save him for the playoffs. Some of the guys we've put on IR probably could have come back later in the year had we been in a position in which it would matter.

And finally, I don't get it either on some of these new guys performing like vets. DJ Campbell has played as well at SS in his limited time as Godfrey, if not better. Dockery seems to be outperforming Norman by a good bit. Thomas has made the loss of Gamble barely noticeable. Are these young guys really that good, or is something else going on (maybe it's just fresh legs late in the year)?

#62 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Completely off topic comment right here, but this is honestly one of the best threads I have read on here in god knows when. Tons of good discussion backed up with hard selling points and good information from both sides with little to no uninformed idiots just spewing crap out of their mouths. Both sides are giving me pause to think critically about the situation at hand. I still am on the fence on the thread's topic, but for seriously, Great job guys.

It's what I dreamed a message board could actually be like...